Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:26:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

-----> PLEASE READ SEEKING ADVICE <-----

Started by 2hoosierhearts, Aug 15, 2011, 03:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2hoosierhearts

Hoping perhaps that someone on this forum may help me in my search for legal representation. My son started talking about moving in with me on/off now for over a year. When he first mentioned this I asked him about his thoughts and his reasoning behind this decision (mind you I was extremely excited and quite full of joy) making sure that he hadn't been involved in some type of argument with his BM/SD as children sometimes spout off wanting to live with the other parent to hurt the one they are upset with. Also, making sure that there wasn't something of a serious nature going on. I discussed with him that he really needed to think through a decision such as that and I as his father would be supportive of that decision and if that is what he wanted then we would discuss it with his mom. This summer my son became quite serious and really pushing for this to take place. So, I approached his mother about what our son's wishes were (are) and she stated that she would need to think about things and that she needed to talk with our son alone and her husband and other family members. Shortly after approaching her, and when our son was out of my care and back in her home she took his cell phone (which ended contact with me) and along with her husband gave our son a 2 1/2 hour questioning/lecture about why he wanted to live with me, and let him know that they would not "allow" that to happen. They also told him that they would hire the best attorneys money could buy and really hurt me (financially). They proceeded to tell him that I couldn't afford the luxuries that they can provide to him and that their home was half million dollar home compared to my home which they called a dump. He was told that the brand new Mustang they purchased him would be sold .. and finally as if that wasn't enough they told him that his half brother and sister would no longer have anything to do with him.

As you can see, it's important that I try an obtain a solid attorney with the threat being made that she will come at me hard and hurt me financially. I feel for my son being threatend in such a manner by his BM and SD. I lay awake at night worrying what he must be feeling and thinking. This is a decision that he has came to on his own and I want to be able to give him what he desires however, I don't want him to continuously be harmed mentally by the threats of his BM/SD.

Sorry for the long post, any advice that can be offered or recommendations I would greatly appreciate them.

*** SEEKING GOOD LEGAL TEAM NEAR OR AROUND DELAWARE, HENRY and MADISON COUNTIES*** TEAM WILLING TO TRAVEL TO HENRY COUNTY***