Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:30:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

do aunt and grandparents have any rights?

Started by Tana, Nov 01, 2011, 07:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tana

well yes, as they say  "you made your bed ... now lie in it".
I know my little one may grow affected by not seeing his dad but the whole 4 months living an hour away from dad were challenging.
First of all, I was hospitalized as I went into early labor. I was kept pregnant for 2 weeks at the hospital and dad was on ignore mode the entire time. He would ignore calls, texts and email. Thn my son was born and he stayed in intensive care and again, his dad never responded to a single call.
His dad eventually came out of ignore mode 45 days after our son was born.
He came to see his sone once and spent an houir with him during that time he did a DNA test and I told him that I didnt need the results as I had no questions.
Then he saw his son for the second time 2 weeks ago as he knew that we were leaving.But he only spent with him the 20 seconds that it might take to hold a baby and get two photos taken.
His entire family know but I feel that he is not being honest to his wife.
He got a ltter of intent of child support and he was super pissed and tried to get an out of court agreement.
I would have considered staying if I had any indication that this man would try to do the right thing and be honest with his wife as my child needs to grow in the truth.
It would have been ok with him to stay if his father would have acted differently
But his actions showed that he would continue to harm the well being of our son by nver being able to take him home or even know where he lives or where to call him.
I did get a child support case started and I was told by child support agents that since nothing had been done, it was ok to leave.
So since I have not a single relative in the US, I really thought that bringing my son abroad was the best.
I know we parents make mistakes sometimes and we will see if this was the best or not...
I know his father at some point may want to see him but I think he was more interested in sleeping with me than in bonding with his son.
so we will see and thanks everyone for your input

tigger

Being disappointed with him for not being honest with his wife is just wrong.  Either you were okay with him not being honest with her while having an affair with an married man or you knew of his dishonest, dishonorable character after finding out that he was married.  Either way, what did you expect?  For the birth of a child to suddenly cause him to become a man of honor and integrity? 
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Tana