S.P.A.R.C.

Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Looking for fathers who have won custody in NC  (Read 4494 times)

luckystepmother

Looking for fathers who have won custody in NC
« on: Mar 10, 2004, 10:22:04 AM »
My husband and I are beginning the research we believe we'll need to start a custody battle with his ex-wife. I would like to know how the state of NC views fathers and what is the likelyhood we'll win custody. I know that times have changed and more and more fathers have been given primary custody-but you just never know....

Thank you.

maxwell

RE: Looking for fathers who have won custody in NC
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2004, 09:33:53 AM »
Hi
  I reside in NC but my custody case is in SC. This past Monday at our second temporary hearing I was given full custody of my 13 month old son. At our first hearing back in June (he was 4 months then) i was awarded joint custody (every other week).  My situation is a bit complicated and I was warned that it is hard for a father to win -- but it appears I did (or rather my son has).  We hope to wrap this up at a final hearing soon.  I think what aided me was the thorough investigation i did of the BM - someone i thought I knew but who i really didn't (we had never married nor dated long).

I can offer more insight i suppose -- just reply or leave an email.
m

charm910

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 03:51:03 PM »
I am looking for anyone living on the east coast,please let me know if you do.

charm910

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 03:55:21 PM »
Also trying to get custody in NC, we have been told you need hard evidence against mother to get custody. Please let me know where you live in NC.

Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.