Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 04:52:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Been a while

Started by fight4him, Feb 03, 2012, 12:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fight4him

Been a while since I've posted. Thought I would update a bit and get ideas. We got all the visitation worked out and child support figured. Things were good. Dad's work got papers that he was going to have to get insurance on DS. I saw this coming, but dad didn't think he would. Anyway, he called BM to tell her she better get ready to start paying co-pays now and that her child support would be going down because they would take the amount he pays insurance and adjust the support. Well, Bm is panicking now. See, while we were waiting for child support to get figured, she worked at a part time job making minimum wage. Judge signed papers and within 3 days she got her old job back and is working 60 hours a week. She offered to pay him half the insurance if he would leave it alone.

Now...my question....what will happen if we ask to modify the child support now that he is paying insurance? Will they take everyone's income into consideration again, or just adjust due to the insurance amount? Can we suggest it if they don't? How does this work? We just got the new assignment in November. Do we need to go through attorney's for this or can child support office just do it?

I would laugh my butt off if her income came back in to play and they took his support down even lower than it was originally. She is playing the system so badly but there is no proof. We can't PROVE that she quit her job and took a part time JUST to get higher support but in our hearts, we KNOW she did. Ya know?

MixedBag

This is court....many things can happen....right?

Find your state's online calculator and see how it figures in the medical insurance.

Heck, even THAT is handled differently from judge to judge.  How much of the cost of the insurance can actually be attributed to the child?

So, I suggest you plug in some numbers and use different assumptions and then figure out where to go from there or how to negotiate this out with Mom....and if it's worth arguing over.

sillystring

Around here, they look at your income over the past three months - so unless she has been working at her old job that long, it won't really matter.