Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 01:06:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

X responded to my petition

Started by Jeff2121, Jul 29, 2006, 08:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff2121

Ex responded to my petition"

I have petitioned my x for 50/50 custudy. I have been keeping my kids most of the time for about 2 years now, and have been paying over 700.00 dollars a month child supprt. Some of you my have seen my post back in the spring. Anyways I started keeping track of the time the kids are with me and the time they are with there mom. Nov. 28 2005 is when I started, here papers were served on her June the 28 2006. That is 211 days of documintation. My 13 year has spent (dad 132 day) (mom 62) and (Granny 17) my 15 year old (dad 120) (mom 60) (granny 31). I have compiled a pie chart to show the %, She has denied that I have been keeping the kids for this amout of time in her answer. She does not Know that I have this documintation. Her answer to my petition said they wanted proof of. Is this enough proof? How will the judge see this. I have been 100 % honest with my kids about this whole issue and have kept them up to speed of whats going on. They are shocked about there mother denieing that they have been staying with me most of the time, they pretty much called her a lier. I am getting worried this whole thing could back fire on me. Has anybody seen simular sitsuation like this?

Jeff

CustodyIQ

Hi,

Among what you wrote, the biggest thing that can backfire on you is your admission that you have kept the kids involved and informed as to the custody issues.  It should be your goal to remove them from the parent issues as much as possible.  A judge could potentially view you as working against your kids interest by forcing them to side with one parent in a custody fight.

In your reply to her response, lay out your documentation as exhibits (e.g., if you have pages of journal entries, make copies of the, and attach them as exhibits).  Include the pie chart examples as a primary exhibit (i.e., the first one you show) to give a good overview.

The mother will then have to say that you made it all up, or she's likewise been keeping track and will produce similar documents.

Then you match up her imaginary dates to actual events (e.g., she claims the kids were with her on April 22, but you took them to some activity that day per your records-- how can that be?!).

I think you stand an okay chance if you know what you're doing in court, but quit involving your kids.

williaer

I think based on their age- they will be asked to participate anyway. Not so much in the way that they would be asked to "testify in open court",but that they would be interviewd and asked about specific facts. They are capable of knowing what's going on...just be carfeul to leave out what thier mother says- only say things like - Can you guys remeber how much you'vwe been here in the last 6 months? don't prompt them or tell them- jsut get an idea of their percepition of where they live and what they "want".

Tricky situation..