Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:26:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A legitimate reason to take children from their parents?

Started by Waylon, Jun 03, 2012, 10:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waylon

Fair or not? I hate Nazis as much as anyone, but is this a legitimate reason to take children from their parents?

A New Jersey Superior Court judge ruled Thursday that a couple would not regain custody of their four children, three of whom are named in honor of prominent Nazi historical figures. Heath and Deborah Campbell, self-proclaimed Nazis from Holland Township, N.J., first made headlines in January 2009, when a store refused to decorate a birthday cake for their oldest child, Adolf Hitler Campbell, now 6.

Shortly after the incident, Adolf and his siblings, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation, now 5, and Honszlynn Hinler Jeanne, now 6, were taken into state custody, the Associated Press reported (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/21/heath-deborah-campbell-nazi_n_1105069.html). Child welfare officials also took custody of the Campbells' youngest child, Hons, hours after his birth in November 2011.

Full story... (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31/adolf-hitler-campbell-custody-battle-nazi-names-new-jersey_n_1561046.html)
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

tigger

The court is stating that the reason for the removal of the children is because of abuse (the note left for a neighbor by the mom).  I have no clue what's happening in the home but if the children are at risk for abuse, yes, sufficient reason.  If not, then we are going down a slippery slope of losing all of our freedoms and rights.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

Spaceman1982

Kitty C.

Dad even stated he's willing to give up his Neo-Nazi beliefs if that would mean getting his kids back.  The appeal will be the teller....if the parents are willing to give that up (and maybe even wiling to change the names of their children) and the court still refuses to give them custody, then it is solely based on alleged abuse.

BUT...even tho they've been in the news in the past regarding the kids' names and there is a supposed history of domestic abuse, I've never heard anything regarding the parents that was so bad as to warrant taking the parents' rights away.  And it sounds like that's what this court is trying to do.  If that is the case, then I think (given the information at hand) the court is using the abuse allegations as a smoke screen.....thin as it is, IMO.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Spaceman1982

Dad stated WAY after the fact. Kinda throws me off since its been a issue for such a long time.

Waylon

Quote from: Kitty C. on Jun 06, 2012, 01:28:36 PMDad even stated he's willing to give up his Neo-Nazi beliefs if that would mean getting his kids back. 

I don't believe him. I don't believe he would give up his beliefs, because beliefs aren't something you can just "give up".

We either believe in something or we don't, it's not a matter of choice. None of us could decide to start believing in leprechauns tomorrow, nor could we just casually stop believing in something that we do believe in (i.e. god, free speech, gravity, etc).
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.