Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:14:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Please help! STBX Forcing kids to change school. Can I stop it?

Started by rumplestiltskin, Jul 24, 2012, 02:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giggles

Quote from: rumplestiltskin on Jul 27, 2012, 07:22:49 AM
Quote from: Giggles on Jul 27, 2012, 07:07:56 AM
You are a cruel and heartless man!!

Actually, I'm a good person who made a huge mistake and am learning that trying to make my wife deal with this additional heartache isn't good for anyone. I am truly remorseful for what I've done and teeter on the edge of the abyss every day. The only reason I'm still alive is because my kids need their father.

The kids will be going to a new school and being uprooted because of what I've done, not because of my wife's unwillingness to be slapped in the face every time she walks on the school grounds.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Yes...you did make a huge mistake...what have you learned from it?  Perhaps maybe that having an affair destroys more than just your marriage??  That affairs can have unintended consequences that effect more than just the husband and wife?

I'm very glad to hear that you're remorseful and I do apologize for being harsh but you sounded like you needed a true wake up call as to the level of hurt and decimation you're actions have caused.  Do they make you a bad father???  A horrible Husband that's a given...but as you can see, your actions have caused turmoil not only with your wife but now your own children are having to feel the consequences.  I don't mean to beat you up...but you really need to take a long hard look at the mess you've made and only then can you truly start the recovery process.

I take offense to Simplydad's statement..."so he had an affair".  It's that type of nonchalant attitude that makes people think it's ok to have affairs...it's no big deal.  But you've learned the hard way that it is a big deal and that it does hurt more than just your wife.

Is there any chance of reconciling with your wife?  It can be done but it takes a lot of work on your part.  Would you believe me if I told you it would actually make your marriage stronger?  My husband had an affair (so yah I'm a bit sensitive about these things) and after he finally got over himself he did the hard work to put our marriage back together. 

Just realize that your wife is in a tremendous amount of pain, her entire world has been rocked to it's very core and she is very likely to act rash in trying to protect herself from further hurt and embarrassment.

Now I'm living....Just another day in Paradise!!

Simplydad

Quote from: Giggles on Jul 27, 2012, 06:47:37 PM

I take offense to Simplydad's statement..."so he had an affair".  It's that type of nonchalant attitude that makes people think it's ok to have affairs...it's no big deal.  But you've learned the hard way that it is a big deal and that it does hurt more than just your wife.

I think you tend to overreact.  You took one sentence and made that the point of my entire post.  You focused on one thing and then made a very inaccurate assumption just as you were quick to judge the OP. My wording could have been better but my thoughts and feelings on having an affair are not as you stated "nonchalant'. I don't recall saying anywhere that it was OK to have an affair. I even went mentioned that I did not condone the behavior.