Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 08:38:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child/Family Investigator and Mediation

Started by Colorado Mom, Apr 13, 2011, 08:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colorado Mom

My ex and I went to court in January for what was supposed to be final orders.  Since there were so many issues (raised by me) regarding my ex, the court continued the hearing and ordered mediation, a CFI investigation and therapy.  I have been the primary care taker for our children from birth until our separation.  One of my children live with me, the other lives with my ex.  I call my child that does not live with me every evening (except when my ex has weekend visitation with both children as I don't want to disrupt their time together) and we talk for a few minutes about school and his day and whatever is going on in his life.  I have lunch with him at school at least once a week and get him every other weekend.  I also try to have him for a few hours for dinner or overnight at least once per week.  My ex sees our child that lives with me every other weekend and calls sporadically.   My ex has stated in therapy that calling our child daily and having a weekly lunch with him is too much and interferes with their routine, that I should be happy with seeing him every other weekend.  My ex does not respond to voice mails or text messages, but communicates through the kids and has stated as much in therapy because he wants nothing to do with me.

I filled out all the paperwork and paid the CFI my portion of the retainer, got the kids into therapy, scheduled and paid for my porition of mediation.  My ex has not contacted or paid the CFI, has attended but does not constructively participate in therapy and his mediation retainer was supposed to be paid two days ago (it has to be paid 10 days in advance).  I don't believe he has paid it.   He is 100% positive that the judge is going to grant a continuance.  The Notice of Hearing from the court says that they will enter Final Orders and a Decree when we go to court next month.  The papers also state that no continuance will be granted unless good cause is shown.  He makes more money than me, has not paid for any of this and is completely ignoring court orders, banking on a continuance.  This has been dragging on for almost a year, I'm doing all the leg work, complying with the court orders, getting the kids where they need to be, etc. and I want this to be over. 

The CFI submitted a Status Update to the court and since he has not contacted or paid the retainer, the CFI is asking that his appointment in this case be terminated due to my ex's "lack of communication/participation.  What are the chances that I would get primary parental responsibility for both kids as he is not complying with court orders? Will the judge continue this hearing?  (this is scheduled in Jefferson County)

Rusty1

I am new to this site and not sure how it works, but i am trying to let as many people as I can, know that the CFI/PRE investigation was a HUGE racket during my divorce.
Every CFI proposed to me, was a hack at best, but I was off-balance, scared and trusted my attorney's advice.
The woman we ended up with had already been accused of gender bias (both ways) numerous times, and had to defend herself in court to even get appointed!  After she almost ruined my & my daughter's life, I did some more research on her.  Other people who used her in the past said she needed "serious psychological help" and that she "cried on the stand" when defending her findings!
And these people make a living, screwing up our children's lives!!!
In my case, the CFI completely ignored significant evidence against my ex, believed all the lies thrown her way, and even listened to the opinion of my cheating ex's, cheating lover as a CHARACTER REFERENCE for parenting skills.

No matter what you do, DO NOT USE DR. MAUREEN COLE as a Child & Family Investigator, as a PRE or as a therapist in any way.  The woman is very sick.

cheree1024

I had a child & Family Investigators. Like the other post said they are hired guns. Who ever has more money wins. I do not recommend them. My CFI name was Jack Mumey he is about 90yrs old. This is the truth. I am black, My sons father is white. jack had worked for my sons lawyer for 4yrs. Everything has gone in her favor. He rolled his eyes at me when i told him I suspected my sons father of abusing heroin. But suggested that we have 50/50 custody. My lawyer subpeona records that my sons father was getting methadone from. And sure enough he had been since 7yrs before he met me 2002. My CFI never even asked my sons father if he had used before. CFI's used to immune, Meaning you could not file a complaint against them, sue them anything. But this group I am in has changed it. Since 7/1 we are now able to file complaints through DORA. Anyone has questions please let me know. Review the Chief Justice Directives in your state. Find out about your CFI before you hire them. You don't always have to have a CFI there are other alternatives. If anyone has any question please let me know.

Sue

I too have a CFI, not sure how the report will come out (tomorrow) but I am pretty sure it will be in his favor.  Many of you have said that you look into the CFI.  Please tell me how I can find background information. I have googled the name but nothing. My attorney and I are pretty sure that she does a lot of work for this law firm.  Please help and tell me how I can find out information on the CFI. Thanks

marif7

I have another CFI to put on the chopping block!  JOANNE BAUM, DAVID LITTMAN.  Both are the WORST OF THE WORST, DESTROYER OF CHILDREN'S LIVES!!!!

nizzle3099

If anyone needs a Child Family Investigator, google and then contact Adoree Blair from Colorado. I used her and she was very patient, as fair as she could be regarding my son and refused to take sides.