Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 07:23:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mother fighting custody Pro Se in Arkansas!

Started by kkeeley90, Sep 26, 2012, 11:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkeeley90

My ex husband has a lawyer and I'm having to represent myself in court in Arkansas. Does anyone have tips on how to win custody? He is saying I'm on illegal drugs and suffering from a mental condition and I've already been evaluated AND urine tested proving he is LYING!!!!! THEN he told me that my 3 year old was sexually assaulted in May and I was NEVER notified! So I'm PRETTY SURE he is lying! I'm 99% sure he's lying. Has anyone ever been in this position? Or won a custody battle Pro Se against an attorney? I am so scared because I don't know laws or legal terms and I'm obviously not a lawyer!!!! Tips please????? Thanks!

ocean

How did he get custody? Were they drugs involved then?
If so, offer to take drug test, or take one before court and bring the results with you and offer that you will offer to be tested if he agrees also.
If there were drugs involved, did you complete a program? do you have proof of the class? Do you have a dr who can write you are healthy? Do you have a counselor that can write a letter you are a fit parent?

Family court has heard it all. This is not knew. Just stick to facts that you love the kids, are healthy and want to be in her life.

Go to his local police department with her birth certificate and ask if there were any incidents with your daughter reported in May. Call his local childrens services and ask them if there was/is an open/closed case with your daughter. They may have not called you, CPS is known for screwing things up and not finding other parent as the first parent usual lies about the whereabouts of the other parent.

When is the next court date and what is it for? Are you getting visits now?

DadsCrushed

Take a deep breath. Go to the court house and inquire whether they have any pro se clinics to assist people like you. Check the county website; they may have forms on line. This site is pretty good.

Document, document, document. Let him attack you . . . sooner or later he has to prove it. You have negative test results. Inquire with the police department and social services on whether a report of abuse was filed against your child. If not, give him more rope to hang himself.

There is no formula on how to win. Yes, if you want to play dirty, like he is trying to do you have a chance but he will lose in the end.

There are custody factors to consider; take a look at them. I had an attorney until my ex was so vile that I had to terminate my attorney due to costs. I have been pro se for a number of years and destroyed my ex wife and her army of attorneys at the circuit and appellate courts. You can do it pro se if you are prepared and can commit the thime.