Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Can she do this?  (Read 2286 times)


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 56
  • Karma: -4
    • View Profile
Can she do this?
« on: May 12, 2013, 06:55:03 PM »
The situation is that ex wants to have child with her more nights. It's now two more a month with me. She is going to be working at her company's headquarters now, and can't spend long afternoons at home with child like she used to. I'm still working the same amount. I don't like the idea too much. What happens when she starts working from home again? There is no child support order.

I said I want to leave it like it is. Now she tells me she'll start working a day less or it will be too long between times she and our daughter are together and she says it's "unhealthy." She says that this may jeopardize her employment position in which case there will be no money at all and now it's pretty 50.50 down the middle. (Though she could easily find another job.)  But this would be jeopardizing her own life too! Can she do this? Has anyone else had this come up? She can take the afternoons under the agreement and she says that if that's the only way her and child will be together, then so be it, but she's not going to deplete her finances on court trying to get a modification that I will fight her on. Any help appreciated.


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5071
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
Re: Can she do this?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 07:19:54 PM »
She can not change the court order without going to court.
1. Agree to an informal change (and yes watch the overnights as that is what the courts count for child support)
2. Tell her you will be following the court order. Period.

She can asks the courts for a change in parenting time since her job changed hours. They will grant that, what the new schedule will be , who knows.

Where is child going to go when she is at work in afternoons? That part needs to be fixed or she needs to find arrangements when she is now at work on her days. (guess this is a young child and not in school ?)

What she does with her job or money is her issue. Be willing to work with her a little. She can have child after work until 8pm then back to your house to sleep a few nights (dinner visits).


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.