Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: canceling visitation and make up  (Read 2841 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
canceling visitation and make up
« on: Aug 20, 2013, 11:17:06 AM »
My oldest son's dad canceled visitation during the weekend so he could attend a BBQ. He is now giving me a hard time asking for make up time. I told him if it were due to work schedule, if he was sick, or if our son was sick I would offer make up time. (That is what our CO says pertaining to makeup time) Also it is the last weekend before our son goes back to school so I have something planned with the kids this weekend so I am not willing to give up my time. I told him he can either pick him up one day after school for a bit or he will have to wait until his next scheduled visit. Did I handle this the correct way?


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 7924
  • Karma: 591
    • View Profile
Re: canceling visitation and make up
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2013, 12:11:10 PM »
I believe so but it really depends on the precise wording of your order.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!


  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1013
  • Karma: -545
    • View Profile
Re: canceling visitation and make up
« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »
Attending a BBQ is somewhat trite in consideration of a child-parent relationship.  I am remembering a time when a terrific 9 yo boy was on the front porch with his mother and a sherriff deputy.  As I departed from another room inside the house I heard my son frankly speaking say "he didn't care what the court order says ... you can take it and put it where the sun don't shine."


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.