Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Left with newborn & denying access  (Read 2337 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Left with newborn & denying access
« on: Apr 19, 2014, 05:27:52 PM »
 :'( My wife has moved out with our now 2 month old son. She has been gone since Feb.24th. I have tried contacting DCF & missing persons, to no avail. "She's ok, no threat to herself or son" (She's unmedicated bipolar) "we can't disclose her location" (BS)  My question is this, do I have any legal recourse? Please help!


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5073
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
Re: Left with newborn & denying access
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19, 2014, 07:16:42 PM »
Go to family court and file custody papers. You may want to have a lawyer do the initial paperwork. Lawyers will usually see you for free or small consult fee for first hour. Go talk to one or two father friendly lawyers in your area to see what would best for you to do.

Do you have evidence of the bi-polar diagnosis?
Is she using any joint accounts to track her down?
Any family nearby? A job to go back to after the baby is 12 weeks (family leave)?

Once at family court, she will have to be served the court papers somehow. At court date, you can ask for joint legal custody and a parenting plan to show when you will have baby.

Take a child parenting class, infant CPR class (library, fire departments)....looks good in court, at least start the classes.

Do you think she moved out of state? That is a different ball game if she did that...still family court in your area, and she will have to answer in court near you...if you file first.

Since you are still married, you are considered the father but still should order a paternity test in court and get the custody/visitation order in place so you can start seeing the baby.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.