Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:09:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

When is the right time?

Started by Justabovewater, Apr 22, 2014, 11:58:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justabovewater

When is the right time to go back for Custody? People always say wait and see what happens or not yet, it hasent been long enough. The Judge will think you are just badgering your Ex.

Its been two years Since we went to court to get our 50/50 joint custody changed to mom getting them during the school year and dad getting them during the summer. In the past two years, her is mom's track record ( I will try to keep it short.) She has had 5 jobs in the past 2 years. She moved the kids to the town she lives now, Got married, 12 months later got divorced. Moved out into a smaller house. Youngest sleeps with mom at age 8 because its a two bedroom. She has introduced the children to thier 4 step brothers and sisters, and has taken them away. She is now planing on getting a job in another town and moving them again. I had to put a PFA on her Ex to protect the children after she left. The Judge denied the PFA after she said she would put one on him after he denied mine.  The children are suffering in school, I know they can get much better grades, but she will not get them help.

ok, Now, here is my Track recored.  I have the same job, the same house, the same cars, the same wife, the same step children. We did get a new dog. Nothing has changed. I am much more stable than she is which is much better living conditions for the kids.

Should I still wait?

MixedBag

ocean

Prob no change unless:
1. She moves them out of a few school districts?
2. Their attendance is really bad, school gets involved with official letters to her?
3. Kids are failing school?
4. Kids are old enough to have a say (over 12 or 13 years old may talk to judge but not have final say)?
5. CPS is called for any reason.

Better to try and work with her. Offer to take them on school nights, pick them up from school....How far away are you now? What are the ages of the kids? You can get an order that states she will not move them out of current school district with courts or fathers consent.