Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:14:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Mom to the group

Started by MomonamissionNY, Jun 19, 2014, 09:49:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MomonamissionNY

Hi all!  I'm new to SPARC altogether but feel this is probably where I will feel most at home and post often.  I'm a ncm to S11 and D10 and am re-married and a cm to D3.  I'm fortunate enough that I do see S11 and D10 on a regular basis and have a great relationship with them.  I've been on the battlegrounds for 5 years now.

I'm looking for friendship, advice and ideas on how to make this parallel parenting thing work as best as it can.  My ex, I refer to him as Sgt. Exlax, is also a narcissist.

Waylon

Quote from: MomonamissionNY on Jun 19, 2014, 09:49:22 AMI'm looking for friendship, advice and ideas on how to make this parallel parenting thing work as best as it can.  My ex, I refer to him as Sgt. Exlax, is also a narcissist.

What the source of this diagnosis?
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

ocean

NY is not usually father friendly and family court here has no common sense. Co-parenting is hard and if you treat you ex as a business partner and limit conversations to only ones that need answers could work in cases where you are not civil to each other. If he emails, only answer if necessary and one or two words/sentences. Mostly ignore if it gets ugly. Try to put your kids first and what is best for them. If they are school age, deal with schools and coaches directly. Nice that you get a lot of time with them and have a good relationship. I have been on NCP (with DH) and CP (my kids from first marriage). So we have been in family court on both sides. If your ex is acting like a narcissist, the ignore, ignore, ignore. He can not have a one way argument. Walk away, ignore texts/emails, let voicemail pick up for all calls so they go on tape.
Good luck and welcome.