Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Child Support Order in Michigan  (Read 1723 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Child Support Order in Michigan
« on: Jun 24, 2014, 02:19:59 AM »
I have come to realize, and a support order specialist confirmed it, that my second child's child support order was not opened....ever. So in eleven years, her portion of child support was siphoned off of my firstborn's... When she was born, the amount did not increase, and when I inquired as to why, this is the excuse I received:

" because the first order did take into account the
possibility of you having a second child (which you did). Once that
second child was born, she was added to the case, but support did not
change as the order already assumed that you would have an additional
child. It is likely that the support was not modified at the time of the
birth of the second child because the FOC assumed there was enough money
ordered to cover the two children. "

It sounds bogus to me. Has anyone else ever heard of this?


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5055
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
Re: Child Support Order in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2014, 04:21:37 AM »
You do not get two orders unless the children are living in different houses.
When second child was born, child should have been added to first order and a hearing held to up the amount (was the first order done when mom was pregnant?). Each state is different, but the percentages are online. Look up your state to see what percentage is for 2 children. You can go to family court and ask for modifications of child support paperwork to have a hearing to increase amount. In NY, once child is 17% and 2 children is 25% so it does not double but does get an increase.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.