Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Protection Order and Visitation  (Read 2591 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Protection Order and Visitation
« on: Jul 15, 2014, 01:35:01 PM »
My Fiance and I are trying to get a protective order against his ex-girlfriend. She is extremely aggressive when we exchange the child for visitation and in the past our tires have been slashed 15 time and our truck keyed. We know it was her but have nothing to prove it yet because she is extremely careful what she says to us involving this matter.

The last exchange she came to our house 30 mins early and the child answered the door and my fiancé grabbed the child and then his ex grabbed her too and they played tug of war. He had his foot behind the door trying to close it but then she inserted her foot into the door and pushed it open still pulling on the child.

we stated that she was early and not taking her and she said "she doesn't want to be with you she wants to come home to her mommy". We finally let go of the child and she changed her clothes in front of our door.

we then stated it wasn't the childs decision to go home and his ex said she didn't care. We then called the police and they told us there wasn't anything we could do because our new mediated parenting plan had not yet been signed by a judge. His ex later then emailed us saying we threatened her and If it happens again she will do what is necessary.

 this women will stop at nothing please we need some advice because our lawyer hasn't been much help. We want a protective order but then how do we make exchanges ?


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5071
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
Re: Protection Order and Visitation
« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2014, 02:17:54 PM »
Next time something happens, call police and file harassment charges and Restraining order.
The RO does not change that visitation takes place so still have to deal with that. Few options:

1. Change place of exchanges to police station parking lot (usually video taped). If child can walk, have child walk to mom's car.
2. Do NOT open door until exchange time. Have child playing in different part of the house, ignore her, call police to tell her to leave until court ordered time.
3. For next few visits, do not be home until the court ordered time, pull in driveway ready for exchange, changed clothes, bag in car, exchange in driveway.

 Video tape all exchanges from now on or at least audio tape with you phone in pocket. Protect yourself and have someone there with you.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.