Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:07:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm baaaaack!!!

Started by msme, Aug 28, 2014, 09:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msme

Hi everyone. Well, after several years of reasonable peace, the **it has hit the fan again. I am also helping a friend who has no internet access. First I want to say hi to Kitty, Mixed bag & Ocean, and any of the other old timers. Sure hope y'all haven't forgotten me.
I'll try to bring y'all up to date. Gr8dad is doing well. He has remarried to a winner, finally. She is a nurse & they are so happy. He got transferred to Colorado about 1 1/2 years ago. My SO & I followed them here in February.
Believe it or not, DGD is 22 & stayed in MS. DGS #1 is 21 & went back to TX, & DGS #2, (my baby) is 16 & here in CO. with his dad.
Unfortunately, the wicked witch of the west has managed to get her hooks into #2 & caused a major breakdown. I guess you might say she has completed the set. Now all 3 have been driven into a mental hospital by her bs.
There is so much more I want to share but my Sweetie is in the hospital & I am exhausted from being there all day, everyday. I will be back tomorrow. Hugs to all.

Waylon

I'm not sure whether to say "welcome back" or not...lol  :)

It's good to see you back, but I wish it was under better circumstances.
The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Kitty C.

HI MSME!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, it's been a long time!!! ;D  And no, I haven't forgotten you!

I'm so sorry this cwap has started again.....just when you think you can finally get on with your life, right?  Well, we're still here to help.  Hope everything goes well with your SO and tell Gr8dad hi for me!!!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

msme

Hello my friends! Well, it sure feels good to know I am remembered. And Waylon, I too wish it were under better circumstances.
Here's what's going on. Gr8dad has been vigilant in fostering the relationship with the Wicked Witch of the West. (WWW) Back in 08 & 09, she hardly ever talked to them & rarely saw them, even though she only lived about 12 miles away. When Gr8dad got transferred in July of 09, he switched to normal long distance visitation. Prior to moving he gave her very liberal time with them. Suddenly, she became some super devoted mom who's heart was breaking because they were moving.
He took them back for a long weekend in October, (900 mi each way) and again for Christmas. He took them for 6 weeks the summer of 10. He repeated that schedule but when they went for Christmas in 10, she announced she was pregnant. DGD & #1 were graduating in June of 10. Gr8dad told her that since they were 18 & 19, he would no longer transport them to see her. If she wanted them to visit, she would have pay their way & they didn't want to go. They wanted her to come to their graduation. It was so important to them. She promised she would be there.
To insure she would show up, Gr8dad told her he would not allow DGS#2 to go if she didn't show up. She showed up at about 9:30 at night. The kids were heartbroken. She was almost 7 months preg. She stayed for about 1/2 hour, loaded #2 & left.
There was lots more garbage that happened but I will jump forward. Every visit ended in more drama for #2. As he bonded with his new little sister, he would come home from visits filled with anger over the way she treated the baby. She was smoking pot while nursing. She did prescription drugs that she bought on the street & meth. The baby just turned 3 & she is still nursing her 2 or 3 times a day so the police won't put her in jail. She is over $10,000 in CS arrears. We tried to report her to CPS but were told they don't worry about pot & since we couldn't give them exact details about the other drugs, they wouldn't investigate it.
When he came home from Spring Break, this year, he said he thought his mother was changing & getting herself straightened out. We were surprised but happy for him. We should have known better. He let it slip that when she picked him up at the airport & they were leaving, she lit up a joint & shared it with him. When he came home from summer visit, we all felt something was different but couldn't figure it out. Last week, he had a major melt down & wound up in the mental hospital, where they discovered that she had set him up selling pot. He said that she had taught him how to avoid the police & not get caught. She also has #1 selling it back there. The therapist said that she is a mandatory reporter & they will listen to her. Since then the WWW will not answer his calls & he is so worried about his little sister. On the positive side, he did well & is now out of the hospital. I told him to put it behind him cuz everyone makes dumb mistakes. He said, "Grandma, I didn't make a dumb mistake. I made a whole bunch of dumb mistakes."
Now we wait & pray that his recovery holds. He has a good counselor & a very good attitude. It has been a long hard road & only 2 more years to go. Enough about our insanity. I actually came back to help my friend develop a new parenting plan. My sweetie was supposed to move to rehab today but took a strange turn. He is improving but they decided to keep him in the hospital over the weekend. He keeps me hopping so I will post about my friend tomorrow.

ocean

Wow! Can the counselor from your area call CPS in that area and ask for contact between the kids or just info for brother on how sister is? Maybe if child is in foster care, there can be phone/video chat contact. Maybe you guys can send letter to head of CPS in that area to contact you in regards to sibling contact. Sad, story...glad he was able to get help quick.

So...what is up with your friend?

MixedBag

Yes, welcome back-- but under better circumstances....