Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:18:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

parenting time quandry

Started by Mrmister42, Sep 05, 2014, 07:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrmister42

My ex and me(im ncp) dated for six months, never married and have a child 18 months old. We are mediating and are close to agreeing to a parenting plan. Starting at 2 to 4 years old, I have visitation every Tue(3 hrs), every  Thursday over night, and every other Thu-Sun over night(back to mom Sun night). 

At 5 years, every other Thu-Sun(back to mom Mon morn) and one visitation(3hrs) once a week., and this remains throughout.The trouble were having is agreeing on a summer schedule.

She wants 2 weeks and weekends at 2, 3 weeks and weekends at three, at 4, 4 weeks but the weekends stop, and the summer schedule remains that way from that point on. I am fine with what happens at 2 and 3 years of age, but at 4, I would like to split the summers, 6 weeks each, but she will not have that. I compromised to have 5 weeks, no weekends.

She argues that the regular schedule through out the year is good(which i agree), and she will not budge on 4 weeks. Am I asking too much for the 5 weeks for summer? should i be happy with the 4 weeks? she also argues that she has compromised considerably because i am getting more than the standard plan's regular schedule.

Thanks for your help gang

Waylon

5 weeks might be a bit much.

Two to three weeks is pretty typical across ~90% of all custody agreements.

Be happy with 4 weeks and move on. There are *lots* of parents who would kill for 4 weeks in the summer.

The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.