Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 08:52:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

getting my daughter..kinda long sorry

Started by LTaylor71, May 14, 2007, 06:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTaylor71

I am so happy,I get to go get my daughter may 19th from her dad.He woke up one night and decided that he simply don't want her anymore which really makes me mad.He is also pulling her out of school almost a month early....is that considered neglect? He also informed me that in exchange for her,he does not want to pay child support.He also said that he wants summer visitation I told him OK but have not mentioned any of the details...for the last 10 years I have had to pay all costs to and from visitations which is expensive because we are in 2 different states,about 1900 miles from each other,is it possible that he have to pay all transportation costs if he wants to see her? I am not going to make him think that this is the plan or I am afraid that he will change his mind and keep her there where she is being abused at the hands of his wife.I have also gotten information from his family members of numerous other things that are going on and that his family would feel better if she were not there with him where he is allowing his wife to do things to my daughter as well as her 2 girls and their 6 year old.I know that theres not nothing that I can do to get the other 3 kids but what steps can be taken to see that they are safe,as the 6 year old is my kids; 1/2 sibling? My kids are extremely worried about him and dont want him or the 2 girls to have to put up with the things in that house.I am not sure if anyone here remembers me as it has been a long time since I was on here and had another name...but I am the one that has the son that was addicted to Meth and alot of other stuff and was at the time was really a mess...well its been 4 years now and I have to say that he is a totally different person,he turned 19 on may 11th and yesterday for mothers day he gave me the greatest gift...a high school diploma. I can't even start to say how happy I am because 4 years ago things were so bad and now things are so great.I know that things can change over night but for now I am enjoying things the way they are and not sitting here wondering what could happen but enjoying what is happening today..I can't worry about tomorrow.

John-J-Jay

i would wait until you have custody back and better yet get it in writting from him about what he's agreeing to and get it notarized. Once you have custody back for 6 months then i would go to court. 6 months is the "magic" number with the courts for custody.

LTaylor71

I can go to court in my state after 6 months,even though the custody case was done in his state? I have written a statement and we are going to get it notarized when I pick her up from him.

mistoffolees

>I can go to court in my state after 6 months,even though the
>custody case was done in his state? I have written a statement
>and we are going to get it notarized when I pick her up from
>him.

You really should see an attorney because there are a lot of issues here.

His notarized statement doesn't mean a lot. However, if it's properly worded and notarized, you MAY be able to take it to a judge in his current location immediatly to be granted custody.

If the document isn't worded in such a way as to grant you immediate custody, then put his notarized document in a safe place and then in 6 months you file for sole custody in your current location (after 6 months of residence in a new place, the jurisdiction changes). But remember, even after 6 months, his signed agreement doesn't mean anything until approved by the judge.

If he stops paying child support, don't do anything right away. Wait until after you've won custody.

I would not address travel costs, child support, or anything else until you've established custody and have court approval. At that point, he will be in a very weak position to object.