Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Need Georgia Help and Ideas  (Read 752 times)


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 189
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Need Georgia Help and Ideas
« on: Oct 05, 2007, 05:53:23 PM »
It's been a while since I've been on. For some reason I keep getting booted off of this site randomly. I'm typing hoping that it doesn't happen again!

I've met another mother in a web community who is desperately searching for her son. Any ideas would be great!

Thirteen years ago, when her son was three years old, he was taken by his father. She has not seen him since. They were not married at the time, but he IS on the birth certificate as the father. There was never any court action to "legitimize" him as the father, as required by GA law.

She became ill after the birth of a second child. The missing son was in the father's care for visitation. There was never anything written out, she and he were working on a reconciliation plan out of the courts as he had been out of the son's life for some time.

He did not return the son. She called him and he said that he wasn't bringing him back. She went to look for him and his family and found that they had completely moved out of the area.

This was thirteen years ago, and she hasn't seen her son since.

When she went to the police, she was told that it was a situation of whomever has the child has "keepsies" on the him. I don't know how to say it better than that. The mother found out that state law says different, but that was years down the road and she went all the way up the ladder in GA to the Atty General. To this day there has never been a missing poster on NCMEC done on the child, because without a police report, he isn't "missing".

Where do you go, when everyone from local law enforcement to the state's top officials, blow you off? I've been on this site for years now, and I honestly am baffled as what to suggest for her to do next. It all starts with the local police. . . . if they won't take a report, then there isn't anywhere to "start". Thirteen years later and they still won't!

She has exhausted all of her funds and savings over the years. He is sixteen now, and she's still looking for him. The closest she's gotten is finding the father through skip traces, but he takes off before she can get to him. She even found him on Classmates one time, and as soon as she did, he went POOF and deleted everything from that site.

Guys, can someone give me some useful info to give her? I've been around the block with custody issues, but never anything as tangled and profound as this. Any help would be appreciated!



Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.