Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 08:45:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My beautiful Step Daughter

Started by abell82, Apr 08, 2008, 01:13:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abell82

I just recently got married to a wonderful man and he has a daughter that is 4 and a half. He divorced his former wife because he caught her with another man. Because he is in the military and was going to be single- he didn't have a chance to get custody of his daughter. Since the divorce the mother has had numerous boyfriends, moved so many times that we almost have to ask her every time we talk to her if she is still at the same home. Her husband (we think she is married) just recently got out of jail for 3 counts of domestic violence and assualt in the first degree. And now this man is her babysitter everyday. My step-daughter tells us about this man breaking stuff in her room and hitting her mom- and her mom hitting him. One time they both were arrested for domestic violence. I could be here all day typing up everything that has gone on. We are worried not just because of the situation but she is also very behind on her learning! I think because no is paying enough attention to her to notice. It is very hard, as most fathers know, to get custody of their children! We are worried that we may spend every last dime we have- and get no where! Who else is in this situation and what advise do you have?!

williaer

You need to file for custody, based on the change in circumstances (both parties have been arrested, etc)- and ask for a guardian ad lidem...they will assess both home situations and interview the child alone...this will get thr truth out.

I think you have a good case.

mango

I would send Childrens services and anonomous letter about the suspected abuse and let them investigate and question the little girl. Then follow up with a custody request.