Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:01:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Filing for full custody on Friday

Started by Amarant01, Sep 26, 2017, 06:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amarant01

As ive listed in some earlier posted, I have a child whose mother has pretty much abandoned him this point, for the past several months to be exact, with no contact or support, and I will be filing for full custody this week or next week.  Ive consulted with my attorney, and he informed me to file a motion to amend custody, but my concern is how to keep the mother at bay after filing?  I have no doubt that she will try to enter the picture again after being served, and given the time that some courts take to go into deliberation, I don't want it to seem as if she is all of a sudden, super mom, due to the fact that the court may not hear the case immediately.  I am especially concerned about the possibility of her picking him up from school , and taking off. She has already moved twice, without notification to myself or the court, and I have no confidence in that she wouldn't try once she's aware of what's in store, as well as the effect it would have on my son with her showing up after all of this time.  He doesn't adjust to change well, and my mother and I have just got him to the point where he is pretty stable.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.  Thanks in advance

ocean

You can ask for temp custody first and have amended petition ready to go and file same day. Reason: father has great concern that when mother receives petition she will take child from current school after not seeing child for xx months. On a temp order , you see judge same day to get judge to sign it. Then take that paperwork to school so they will not release child.

Another option is file it, then if she shows any contact go get an emergency restraining order that child will not be removed from current school district and can file the emergency custody order due to mother's recent actions.

Tell lawyer your concerns and see if a temp order might be a better choice and then deal with the final order once she is served.