Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 02:56:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Custody

Started by dipper, Dec 19, 2017, 02:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Ruling today:  we have primary custody effective after New Year's.

ocean

Wow....what exactly does that mean? Visitation changing??  9 week wait for ruling in just crazy as usual....

dipper

Ocean, we will now have primary physical custody.   They will have visitation and joint legal.  Our son will only see child at our discretion and under our supervision.  Which, we have did that ourselves for two years.

This judge did not feel current joint custody rebutted mother's parental presumption but that the extreme issues of her own care and that of child warranted the rebuttal and a change was in the best interest of child.

MixedBag

ocean

Great! Did mom's time change? You have primary is good for school, appointments but will it change mom's behavior?

dipper

The recommendation of judge is at least every other weekend for mom and one afternoon per week - that afternoon is to be their responsibility for transportation.   Also they will get two weeks in the summer.  I am sure they will either appeal to Supreme court or file a new motion in Juvenile and Domestic court.  I don't feel we can breathe easy yet....

Mom and grandma change to meet whatever is a negative against them but they usually go to another destructive behavior.  The only thing is they are getting much wiser on how to hide stuff.

tigger

But crazy can't be hidden forever. It has a way of bubbling up and out. And it looks like the judge is seeing it. He didn't make a quick, snap decision.
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!