Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Legal shared custody being asked to change

Started by alexmat1, Feb 16, 2019, 07:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexmat1

I share legal custody of my son with my ex wife. She has primary physical custody and I have him on weekends. I have more time with him as per order but I only exercise weekends given the logistics etc.
We both have to discuss and confer on all education health issues etc. she is now asking the courts to let her have final say. We live in California that promotes shared custody but I have seen courts give dole or final deciding rights to wives.
What are my chances. She has better stability like a house better finances etc. can that influence the judge to give her the deciding power ?

ocean

Why is this an issue now? How old is child? About picking schools?

skriti659

Yes, the court always considers the best interests of the children when creating parental responsibility arrangements. I think he'll be more in favour of your wife.

Justabovewater

I live in Kansas, Not California so I can only Give you what I experienced in Kansas. I was in the same situation, I was in court trying to get custody of my Children. The final Decision was they looked at who was the caregiver, Finances really had nothing to do with it. Since I was the one that worked and made the money to support the Family, She was the one that stayed home and took care of them, She was given Primary Custody. Afterwards she found Numerous Boyfriends, Moved the Children often and was not concerned about their education, I went back and received Custody. More Courts are starting to give Custody rights to Fathers then before. Hope this helps.