Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Changing My Legal Team?  (Read 1360 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Changing My Legal Team?
« on: Sep 10, 2008, 08:34:32 PM »
I am an active duty soldier in the US Army.  I am a KS resident, but I am currently stationed at Ft. Lewis, WA.  While at my previous duty station, my wife took our three sons with her to her mother's home in KS, under the pretense of a "trial separation."  One month later, she said she wanted a divorce, and another month after that, she filed.  Two years later, it is still not done.

She has gone beyond all reason to slander me, including stealing directly from my military pay to make it all but impossible for me to stay current on support and maintenance that month, hacking into an old blog of mine to change the text and then print it off for her attorney as evidence that I was a danger to our children, canceling her first divorce filing to immediately replace it with another that had much stricter visitation rules, such as state-supervised visitation for me at my expense (on the basis of the lies she fabricated that I have not had the opportunity to yet contest before a judge), harassing my loved ones with credit card fraud, and more.

When I finally got an attorney, months after she initially filed, I wanted someone who would take my case without a retainer, who knew what kind of money I had to work with and would in turn work with me.  I have gotten what I paid for, or more correctly, what I have been billed for; every time I've asked if they want a portion of the bill paid, they say not to worry about it, and that we will work something out when it is all done.  In the meantime, they've continually tried to convince me that there is no hope (though I know in KS there is little) that the court will place the children with me, and so I should settle the case and get what I can and move on with life.

I have become increasingly indignant over what my wife has been doing all this time, and increasingly frustrated with my attorney's apparent lack of compassion or drive to really take up the case for my children's best interests.  I feel that I must change my legal team, and I would appreciate any advice any of you has to offer on who in the KC, MO area of KS (not on the MO side) would be a strong advocate for father's rights, who would look for every possible angle and method to wrest control from my wife.

Thank you very much.

Kitty C.

  • Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2612
  • Karma: 938
    • View Profile
Just found this.........
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2008, 09:51:18 AM »
This link was included in the most recent ACFC (American Coalition for Fathers & Children):


There is some VERY good information on PAS and check out the link at the bottom of the home page 'Successful Strategies for Divorcing Parents with Child Custody Issues'....there are some VERY good articles that pertain to what you're going through right now and strategies on how to work through it.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.