Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:56:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

wish me luck... driving 8 hrs tomorrow to see my son...

Started by doood, Apr 15, 2004, 06:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doood

it'll be the second time i've seen him since june 15...
i'll be bringing a videocam and lotsa toys.... i can't wait...

kiddosmom

doood

The visit in Richmond went superbly. I arrived on Saturday minutes before son woke from a nap. he's 13 mos old. BM set him down in the hallway and walked toward the living room where i was sitting. son and I smiled at each other for a minute before I stepped in front of BM, crouched, and outstretched my arms. son got a huge grin on his face then walked into my open arms. I scooped him up, spun around, and carried him into the living room while BM offered, "He might want to walk the rest of the way, you know!"

Later on, before one of his naps, son was feeling extra snugglish. I took the opportunity to smother him with kisses and tickles and such. When I let him up to catch his breath, he spotted his mom sitting a couple feet away and plopped down in her lap. He sat there for a couple seconds before he saw me and tried to get up. When BM didn't let him, son grabbed her wrists, unfolded her arms, and walked back over to me for round two. i got some great video of son playing peek-a-boo with the video camera... i get choked up whenever i think about it.  Hell, on Sunday BM even let me change son's diaper!

MYSONSDAD

Good to hear it went soooo well, long time coming.

When is your next scheduled day?

"Children learn what they live"

kiddosmom

Sounds like you had a GREAT visit!!!
Congrats!
Good to know you filmed it.

wendl

Doood,
I am so glad it went so well, I bet you were on cloud 9.
Glad you got it on tape what wonderful memeories to keep.
Hope it continues to go well.

doood

next one is either may 8-9 or may 15-16 to be decided.... supervised at bm's parents' house... with the GAL possibly in attendance.
son has a little people's playset he adores. at this point all he does is take the pieces out of the pouch and put them back in. take em out put em back in. i was just handing him the pieces and watching him. once it got so full, he would put a piece in one side and two or three would get shoved out the other side. so the next time he grabbed a piece i held open the flap, he put it in, and i shut it. he grabbed another piece, i opened the flap, he put it in, and i shut it. then son opened the flap with his left hand and put a piece away with his right. he did it again and i was dumbfounded.  but the look he threw me after he did it himself was priceless.  

butterflymackey

Doood,

I have been keeping up with your posts. I am so happy for you. I hope things keep going well and you keep focus of the reason you put up with BM's BS. Also video will help in the future if BM ever tries to tell little guy that daddy didnt care about him. You have a long road ahead of you but you know that. Good luck.

MYSONSDAD

That next time is just around the corner! Sounds like you had an extremely special day. Many more will follow. I hope the GAl gets a good dose of the bonding between you both. Don't forget the camcorder for those 'Kodak Moments', kids grow up way to quick!

Keep us posted!

"Children learn what they live"