Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 1211 times)


  • Guest
« on: May 02, 2004, 08:43:13 PM »
I live in Colorado and the soon to be ex lives in California - where we were married for 22 years. My son is in Colorado w/ me. We've been here for 8 months. My soon to be ex has filed for divorce (sort of) and we've gone through the preliminary child custody/visitation process - however, she's failed to proceed with the divorce. My son is 15 and was not given any say in the visitation process (the court handling this, by the way is in California), and the mediator gave her visitation all summer and major holidays. My concern is that she is waiting to get him to California before proceeding with the divorce, and once he's there filing for a change of custody... is this a valid concern?


  • Guest
RE: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 06:00:37 AM »
If you have gone thru the prelim custody work,, and a custody order is in place,, with outlined visitation,, it's doubtful she can petition for a change of custody based on her visitation time. Otherwise,, every ncp would surely jump on that idea ;)

Tips For Getting Started

How To Hire An Attorney

Hiring An Effective Attorney

Success Factors In Obtaining Custody


Suggestions When Falsely Accused

Dealing With Threats Of False Allegations


One of the first things you'll hear around here is "Document, document, document!". Having good records is *crucial*. Get yourself either the Parenting Time Tracker (PTT) at: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/tracker.htm or the OPTIMAL Custody Tracking service at: http://www.parentingtime.net. The PTT is good, but the OPTIMAL service is definitely better.

 Contempt, Child Support Enforcement and You
This article will address what exactly contempt of court means to you, and more importantly, what to do about it.
URL: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/contempt.htm


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.