Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:31:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

advice on next move

Started by Sunshine, May 22, 2004, 10:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine

Hi.  Need some advice on how to proceed.  My hubby has custody of son.  The BM is restricted to supervised visitation by court order due to drug abuse and physical abuse (in a year has not tried to see him with supervision....just told us this is ridiculous and she should be able to see him when she wants).  Tonight we found out the boy (who is 16) visited his mother without our knowledge of course.  She apparently let him visit even though she knows this is not allowed but my guess is she thinks she can get away with it due to him coming to her.  What worries us is that she will use this to get the order overturned by saying it was consentual (excuse spelling) if we do nothing about it.  Isn't she in contempt of court by allowing him to visit?  Or am I completely wrong?  I would appreciate it if anyone can advise me and how to report that she allowed a visit without supervision and who to report to.
Thanks
A concerned stepmom

Kitty C.

My question would be why did he go there in the first place, because she contacted him and asked him to?  What other explanation would there be?  So no matter how you look at it, it's contempt.  File now, or she will get bolder and bolder, eroding it all and taking him away from you.

BTW, got any stips. in the current order for her to do random drug testing?  If not, I'd be asking for it in the contempt.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......