Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:27:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

SHE WALKED OUT OF DEPO!

Started by tharper001, Mar 26, 2004, 10:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPaulieGirl

Have you checked the DSM IV?  Antisocial PD?  Check it out.  

tharper001

Will do... I've got a lot to check out considering that my SD begged her father to stop "stalking" her mother yesterday and stop lying about her mother (her mother showed her the court documents).  I posted this on another post and you can read more into it there.

Fortunately, my husband's attorney has told him to calm down and continue to proceed with the custody modifications.  I'm hoping I can support him and get him to continue for custody also.  I'm going to check out the mental area of this website, in hopes of gaining some more understanding of mental illnesses and possible get some advice of how to explain to an 11 year old that her father is doing what is in her best interest.  And that she may not understand that now, especially with the hell she's going through at home, but that everything will work out okay.

StPaulieGirl

Stalking?  That poor child doesn't know the meaning of the word stalking :-(

Your husband sounds like he has a good attorney.  Have a therapist check out those voice mail tapes.  A neutral party could maybe get somewhere with her.  I don't know, my youngest 2 are a couple of tough nuts to crack.  I've given up on therapy for them.  Haha, by the time we get out of here, I'm going to need it.

tharper001

Won't we ALL need therapy!  My life would be so stress-free... oh well!

My husband has requested his attorney get a counselor involved.  Who knows how long that process will take!  My husband does want to continue with the custody... I know it tears his heart out to see his child hurt this way though.

I've actually been thinking of ways to get my SD to open up the next time she's at our house.  I may need to have some time alone with her... and maybe have her tell us "in her words" what she thinks is going on and how that makes her feel.  I would be curious to know what her definition of stalking is as well.  I think if we can get her just to pour her heart out... without the fear of someone screaming at her... and if she can explain what she thinks is happening in her words, we can assure her that she will still have two parents after this is over.  The child has learned to be so careful about what she says... it's really sad.

Best of luck to you!