Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: What should I do?  (Read 1103 times)


  • Guest
What should I do?
« on: Jul 09, 2004, 10:33:07 PM »
I am new at this so I will start by saying that I live in KY and have been divorced for 2 years now we have twins a Boy and a Girl all most 4 years old.I have 3 other kids 2 girls 17,18 and a son 20 from a different marriage .When the divorce was final I lived about 200 miles away from the twins, the divorce agreement said visation would be that I have reasonable visitation with no overnight at this time and visitation had to be in her county.This was ok at that time. NOW THE PROBLEM
Last year I moved back to town so spending time with the kids is one of the only things I look foward to, but when my ex-wife get mad about anything she will not let me talk to them or see them at all... Untill I kiss her butt.  She has taken me back to court 6 times in the last 7 months for everything from support being a day late to trying to get a increase in support and the child support office pulls me back in to court every time. I finally got a atty and had him filed a motion last month for modification on visation and try to stop all the other court appertances  and in return I was charged 1500.00 her motion for a increase was put off untill the end of Sept, but my motion was never heard. Last weekend another fight and now no kids again, I call my Atty and he said that it would be brought up at the Sept court date well thats not good for me. So I went re-filed my motion my-self and have a new court date for  
  7-20-04 but I was told that I might piss off the comish by doing this.
My Child support is pre-paid now untill the end of Sept. (Who else does this)

My question is what should I do I just want to see the kids as much as I can?  Plus I am sick of being in court all the time when she gets mad and it won't cost a thing to drag me back in there all the time....



  • Guest
RE: What should I do?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 09, 2004, 10:41:46 PM »
You do realize that by filing a motion yourself, you in essence released your attorney?

I'm afraid there is no remedy to family court. Each time a new motion is filed, you WILL find yourself back in there.

Tips For Getting Started

How To Hire An Attorney

Hiring An Effective Attorney

Success Factors In Obtaining Custody


Suggestions When Falsely Accused

Dealing With Threats Of False Allegations


One of the first things you'll hear around here is "Document, document, document!". Having good records is *crucial*. Get yourself either the Parenting Time Tracker (PTT) at: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/tracker.htm or the OPTIMAL Custody Tracking service at: http://www.parentingtime.net. The PTT is good, but the OPTIMAL service is definitely better.


  • Guest
RE: What should I do?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2004, 01:09:31 AM »
Thanks you for the info. I just wish there was something or an agency to help out the non cp.. The cards are against the ncp. I will read and take all advice.


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 2579
  • Karma: 3
    • View Profile
Is the motion you filed a motion for specific parenting time?
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2004, 06:03:47 AM »
Because there is no enforcement to "reasonable visitation" or "as parties agree"  you need a court order that specifically spells out when the kids live with you.

I would suggest the book "Mom's House, Dad's House"  It is old, but it has great ideas on how to set up a parenting plan and how to establish a workable business relationship with your ex spouse.

We have currently filed a motion for a specific parenting plan as well -- but not in KY.   Our CP wants to avoid court  and has been willing to agree to put our normal practices in writing.  If you can somehow reach agreement. . . that would be your best avenue.

Check this website for "sample parenting plans" and what to include in parenting plans.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.