Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:33:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I gotta admit

Started by Brent, Dec 03, 2003, 08:37:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

Stop whining. But rest secure in the knowledge that your inferiority complex is fully justified.

Indigo Mom

While it could be called "drastic" by some, I sure as hell stopped seeing them at my door.  

When they come over, take their little pamphlet.  Pretend to be very interested in what they have to say, then commence to eatin!  Yes, you read right.  Start eating their pamphlet while staring at them.

You will NEVER EVER EVER have another door to door religion sale again.

Trust me.  They'll run so fasta way from you, they'll be trippin over their dropped pamphlets.  

Serious dude, it worked for me!!!

kiddosmom

oooook she's wierd  ^  (no insult intended)

Brent

> oooook she's wierd ^

Gee, ya think? lololol  :)

Indigo Mom

I thought it was brilliant, if I do say so myself.  Extreme, yes, but ya hafta go to extremes to prevent these people from knocking on your door all hours of the day and night.  Some people just don't get it when you say "I'm sorry, I'm just not interested".  Cause as we ALL know, they're bound and determined to get you to buy into their crap.  They come back.  And they keep coming back.  You can even tell them you worship Satan...and they'll keep coming back!!!!  ("He" would want us to help this poor soul)

So you two BONEHEADS can call me weird all ya want.  It won't be me hiding behind the couch as they're peering into my house trying to get me to see the light....it's gonna be YOU.  LOL

)(

sweetnsad

Call me juvenile, if you like, but I thought it was funny too...:-)

StPaulieGirl

this space cannot be blank.

StPaulieGirl

I'm still getting popups.

I hate popups.

Popups suck.  

StPaulieGirl

Okay, this humiliated me as a kid, but my mother would debate the Mormons and Jehova's Witnesses.  She would actually try and convert them at the door.  Ahhh, memories.  My dad would shake his head and go have a shot of whiskey.  I'd sneak into the backyard....nevermind.  They will not come to this house to this day.  Back in the desert, my now ex put up the sign forbidding trespassers, preachers, and salespeople.  Yep, and some people still didn't get it.

One thing I did way back before we lived in the desert, was when a couple of church ladies came calling.  I just ran loose on them.  I did conspiracy theories that would make Art LaBelle proud.  The best part was when they slowly started backing away from the door.  These days, I'm just too damn polite.  

If you have the energy, mess with their heads.  Hey it's not like you invited them over, right?

mudbunnies

leaving the original topic for a post after i read everything else...

as for the 8 am religion door knockers...

my husband and i have a better answer that when said with a straight face sends them away very quickly and very quietly..

we open the door

they introduce themselves

we smile

we tell them that we are Druids and its time for mass wanna help?

it has never failed to get a look of pure confusion then they leave...