Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 08:42:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Reasonable Visitation Definition?

Started by heather2662, Sep 20, 2004, 09:58:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heather2662

What is the legal definition under Illinois law for "Reasonable Visitation?"

It applies to me as written in my divorce papers for visitation with my teenage children.

It says:   The Respondent (me) shall be entitled to reasonable visitation, including overnight visitation.

There are periods of time that I have had my kids for visitation every other weekend and there are times that they don't see me for weeks. This has been hingent on what the ex-wife feels is reasonable.

She makes reference to the statement "reasonable visitation" on a stedy basis, conected to email communications that are suppose to be about the children and med bills we share, only. She feels this is a threat and has been one of the many intimidation tactics she has used to effect my relationship with my kids.

In addition she uses the same tactics with the kids. For example, when they ask about making plans with me she will make a point of telling them "Your father only gets reasonable visitation, thats all, I'll prove it, I'll show you the divorce papers."

ALSO:
Can I file contempt "non-compliance with Visitation Order"  when I don't get to see them for consecutive weeks in a row. Especially when the kids have no school club activities or other personal welfare obligations?

Thank you,

Mark + Heather

MYSONSDAD

You need to go back to court and clarify this. With the current wording, it is too vague. Gives the BM total control.

Go into the parenting plans and find one that is close to your needs and then reword it to your situation.

"Children learn what they live"

Ref

Dh had "reasonable" last year, this year, after he had the visitation revised, he has 3 times as much time w/ SD and no petty arguements over locations or times an be done now.

It is worth the money to get obtain control over your time with your kids.

smtotwo

rights upon reasonable notice to very specific placement.

NOTHING and I mean NOTHING was ever reasonable to the ex.  Not 30 days notice not 60 days notice, not e-mail or snail mail, Not a week, not a day.

NOTHING was ever even notice.

GET THIS CHANGED ASAP!!!

DH went 3 yrs without visit until this schedule.  He now has eow, 3 weeks in summer and 1/2 of all holidays.