Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Temp change in parenting time... how do i not get in trouble?  (Read 1212 times)


  • Guest

Its my daughters birthday, and i am driving all the way to their house to pick them up instead of meeting half way between both houses, because their grand parents live in the same town they live in, and I want them to see my daughter for her birthday.the BM is the type of person that will agree to something like this on the phone, but when the event happens will call the police and say that she never agreed to it, and drive to the half way point just to show that I was in contempt for not showing up How do I make the change legal, when it is only just a one time thing?


  • Guest
RE: Temp change in parenting time... how do i not get in trouble?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2005, 11:21:17 AM »
send letters certified mail. Keep copies of all visitation paperwork with you at all times incase  police get involved.  Try to get in writting all changes to current custody papers. I would at last recourse record her on the phone. I am not sure if that is legal but might keep you out of jail.  good luck


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 76
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Temp change in parenting time... how do i not get in trouble?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2005, 06:11:17 PM »
Get her to agree in writing. That way either she won't try to mess with it cause she will know it is in writing, or you'll have it in writing in case she does try something. It is better if you can hand it to her in person, have her sign it and give it right back to you.

Just write up a little agreement starting with
I_______(BM name) agree that for the weekend of (Blank) BF will pick up the kids at my home at XX:XX and will return them at XX;XX on (Day of the week) I understand this is a one time agreement for the weekend specified above and that it will not be necessary for me to travel to (blank town) to meet BF with the children as per our court order. Our signatures below show that we have both agreed to the above listed change.

You sign and date

________________ Type her name under the line for her to sign on and date.  

If she refuses to sign it, then you know right away that she has no intention of sticking by what she says on the phone.
In that case, I would tell her your going to pick the kid/s up so that you can take them to your parents, then go to the halfway point. When she arrives, get the kid/s then follow her back to her home town and go see your parents. You are driving all over the place wasting time, you meet her and instead of driving home, you drive to your parents.



Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.