Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: I need help  (Read 1408 times)


  • Guest
I need help
« on: Jul 19, 2005, 08:14:44 AM »
I am new to these boards and in fact, I had no clue these times of website existed. Anyhow here is my situation. My  ex-wife and I have been split up for about 3 years now. We have two children ages 7 and 8. When we got divorced we settled things the way we thought would be best. The courts agreed with our terms and we both followed it to a T. A year later she calls me up saying that in two days she’ll be taking the kids and moving to Palmdale with her mother and sister. I had no say in the matter but in our court files it states that any major changes in our children’s lives must be agreed upon the two of us. That didn’t happen and I called the courts and they told me as long as she is still in the L.A. Dist. She can do that. Only problem was, she didn’t give me her phone number to when she moved up there nor did she give me the address to where she lives. She stayed true with the agreement when it came to seeing the kids. She brought them down every weekend for me to see them and at times to sleep over. But when the holidays came, I never got them. Not even on their birthdays. She gave me some excuse on the reasons why (which is all her family lives out this way, all of mine are either in Chicago or Miami)., which were mostly her family made plans for the kids. As time continued to pass weekends were skipped, more sad excuses on her part as to why. Anyhow, as time passed things just kept getting worse. Now lets move on to the here and now. She is prego again with a third child, she has not worked in over 4 going on 5 years, she pays no bills and lives with her mom and sister for free. Her excuses now is she doesn’t want to drive down here any more nor is her family willing to do that either. In our papers she wanted the transportation rights all to herself and because of this, I gave her my car. Two months ago was the last time I’ve seen my kids. I have been calling her 3 to 4 times a day and I get no call backs what so ever. I don’t know what’s going on. I’ve called my little one’s school and she has been attending it so I know everything is fine. But she is ignoring me and declining my right to see my kids. I don’t know what to do.


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 201
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: I need help
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2005, 08:42:43 PM »
Take her butt to court!  You have every right to see your kids!  File for contempt of court


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 411
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
agreed !!
« Reply #2 on: Jul 22, 2005, 02:22:13 PM »
Unlike you , I never let it get this far , I had Her butt in court MANY times , And My Atty wrote a letter from the beginning stateing that I am Willing to use every means available to ensure My visits, And I have !, she doesn;t give me any trouble any more , Or any thing substantial , File contempt ,
     In Wash state , Pierce county ,you can  Call the court of jurisdiction and Set a date to talk with a court house facilitater , They will explain a lot to you , YOU have to decide to take action , Contempt will usuall straighten this out ,  Try calling your court ,
     Here If you have a contempt hearing You can get a CD of the hearing , And listen to it , You will understand way more when you listen to it a few times , CONTEMPT  Is your recourse , And sometimes it takes a few times before the court will see it your way , But think ! Here in Wash state Enough contempt findings is a reason for change of custody ,And don't think just because the court Usually doesn't  find her in contempt it's a loss for you , She has to take the time to go do all the response paper work , Etc . And then ask for make up time ,This site also has forms , So post about filing contempt in your area , Maybe some has alreadt done it and they can help


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.