Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 06:24:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Christmas Vacation Visitation

Started by alwayssomething, Dec 14, 2005, 04:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alwayssomething

Per the court order my kids father's visitation ends Friday - December 30th at 7 PM. However it is also his regular weekend visitation per the court order that would begin that same day.

Since holiday schedule supersede normal visitation how would that work?

I will have already had my vacation time with the children from the time school is out until the 26th.

However with it being the weekend he would normally have them I was unclear. That and the court order doesn't address the New Years holiday

ocean

My take on it would be he gets the weekend. If you are close enough maybe you can take them to a movie or something so you see them and then bring them back for the weekend visit (or he can keep them to Sunday mid afternoon and you can take the night). Most schools here are closed on Monday too so you will have Sun night into Monday. Hopefully you can talk to your ex and come up with something reasonable for both of your schedules. :)

MixedBag

I agree that Dad gets the weekend.  

You bring up the holiday schedule and that normally supercedes regular time.....here's how that would work -- but you gotta flip flip Christmas this year as it is now in your head.  

If you had the chldren from the 26th to the 30th at 7 pm and then it would be dad's weekend, you would get to keep them until 7 pm even if it overlaps with dad's time because "the holiday schedule supercedes regular time".

In a sense, dad is "losing" a few hours because the holiday schedule overlaps with the weekend that is already his.

If New Year's isn't mentioned in the court order as a holiday (OR in say the state's codes or the county's list of holidays), then it's not a holiday that his split and alternated.  One of my divorces is that way too -- there are many "holidays" that should have been split, but since they are not mentioned in the decree, they are not considered holidays by the EX and I gotta figure "other ways" to get to spend them with my son.

Hope this helps!