Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:38:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Getting Ready To Give It All Up !!

Started by Chooch0566, Apr 17, 2006, 08:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chooch0566

CP (aka, babies momma) is causing way too much stress and strife in life...she recently called DCYF on my wife because daughter came back to her with a scratch on her shoulder and told BP that it was from a towel that my wife threw at her ... lie.

CP, doesn't make anything easy .. whether it's todo with complying to visitation or me being able to take my daughter on vacation with me for a week .. it's ALWAYS a fight ..

Does anyone know what's involved in reliquishing one's parental rights ..

Please respond .. this is chewing on my mind and I'm about to go crazy !!

Chooch0566

Darryl

You may or may not be able to relinquish your parental rights. But at least understand all you will accomplish is walking out of your childs life. You will still have to pay child support. Two different issues.

Good luck. I understand how rough it can become with power struggles etc. I've lived enough of that crap for a lifetime.

dipper

While I know that money is not your reason.....you would more than likely be financially responsible for a child you never see.

I completely understand where you are coming from. We deal with this with my dh's ex.  She is very controlling and everything is her way and on her terms.....I understand why some people give up. Have often thought that maybe everyone would be better off if one parent did get out of the picture in those type of cases....

I hope you find a way to balance - enjoy what is given, but dont let that woman control your happiness....and when we let the other person get us this upset, we are giving her the control.  And no, we have not found that peace yet..we still fight to have what is rightfully my dh's......

Kimberly9

Your daughter needs you.

BM's behavior proves that more than ever.

You can be a very positive influence on your daughter.  You might have to fight for the chance to do it, but your daughter deserves it.

Girls need their Dads!  Please don't give up.  If you do, you will be giving bm just what she wants.

I know it is hard.  I have been supporting my husband for the last 10 years -- but we are here for you every step of the way.  Please hang in there!