Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Right of First refusal  (Read 1451 times)


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 243
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Right of First refusal
« on: Apr 15, 2004, 10:33:14 AM »
We share 50/50 custody. It's very conflictive to say the least. Last year the mother decided to leave the country for 8 weeks (for school) and simply have someone else (her mother) do the exchanges. She figured no-one would ever know she was gone. She also tried to make the child keep quiet about the whole facade. However it was a little more obvious then that. My question is wouldn't the father have the right to have full-parenting time if the mother is away (especially if out of teh country) for that long? Could she be held in contempt of court for not telling the father she was out of the country? No way to contact her in emergency. Does the grandparent (third party) have the right to parent on mothers parenting time over the father?? We think she will do this more often since she got away with it. Her big claim in court was that she was more "available" to devote time to her child then the father was, so they granted her residental school placement (only, no extra parenting time), yet she is hardly ever parenting the child on her parenting time, and typically leaves her with the grandparent. (her mother)



  • Sr. Member
  • ******
  • Posts: 1470
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Right of First refusal
« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2004, 12:24:52 PM »
I would post this on Socs board.
Or consult an atty.


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 969
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deltabravo.net
RE: Right of First refusal
« Reply #2 on: Apr 20, 2004, 07:39:39 AM »
This may help answer some questions:

''Right Of First Refusal'' Provisions


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.