Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Wants his son back  (Read 1358 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Wants his son back
« on: Aug 16, 2006, 12:17:06 PM »
My fiance's ex has denied him visitation with his son since January.  She has a different excuse any time he's able to talk with her, which is rare.  She won't even allow phone contact.  He has sent her the denial of visitation letters, which go ignored.
      He has sent letters to his son and gotten one reply back.  His son expressed his wishes to want to be with his father, but his mother won't let him.  He knows he can file contempt on her but he owes arrears in child support.  There is one judge in our district who will automatically put you in jail for arrears.  So he doesn't want to risk seeing this judge and getting in trouble.  He is paying on his arrears but it's slow going.

      Any suggestions? He's done about all he can do to try to get her to change her mind, but nothing has worked.


  • Private Reserve
  • SuperHero
  • ***
  • Posts: 5073
  • Karma: 172
    • View Profile
RE: Wants his son back
« Reply #1 on: Aug 16, 2006, 06:44:07 PM »
If you file contempt of visitation that is separate from child support. It is against the law to hold visitation due to non-payment, especially when he is paying it off.
Good luck!


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.