Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Dear Socrateaser  (Read 1221 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 4
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
Dear Socrateaser
« on: Sep 28, 2006, 08:55:22 AM »
Others on the SPARC site have directed me to you.

I am a non-custodial parent. My kids have recently started at a new school and I made an appointment to meet and speak with their new guidance counselor. After barely beginning our conversation, the principal came and ordered the counselor to not say another word and that our conversation was completely over. The principal stated that the children's mother had sent court papers showing that she had primary residential custody, and that the mother has forbidden all contact between me (the father) and the children's teachers and guidance counselor. The principle stated that all I'm allowed access to are written school records. I was told that this is not true and i have federally protected rights to interact with the childrens' teachers and counselors'.

The court papers say nothing more than the mother having primary residential custody, with me having reasonable rights of visitation.  We also have an order establishing the standard visitation schedule here in Utah.

I am aware of my right to written records.

Question: What is the statute that protects my rights to speak to the kids' teachers and counselors?


  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 451
  • Karma: -1
    • View Profile
Wrong forum
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2006, 09:47:42 AM »
You posted on the wrong forum. Dear Socrateaser is it's own forum on here. Click on the "top" and you will see that it is listed close to the middle-bottom area.

MAKE sure you read the mandatory forum guidelines and follow the rules or he will not respond. He will be able to give you good direction in this area.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.