Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Make-up Visitation  (Read 1221 times)


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 873
  • Karma: 1004
    • View Profile
Make-up Visitation
« on: Nov 14, 2006, 10:33:08 AM »
My finace is in the military, and back in June was sent on TDY for six weeks, and subsequently missed 4 weekends of court ordered visitation.  We thought that there was nothing we could do about it, but I have been reading a lot of posts in here that mention "makeup visitation'.  Is this something we can ask for, and how exactly does that work.  How can we enforce it?

We are currently working on amending our visitation agreement because the BM is not working with us on "reasonable" visitation, and we would like to work out a schedule for missed visitation.  Any suggestions on how to do that?


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 936
  • Karma: 17
    • View Profile
It is usually something in your parenting agreement
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2006, 11:07:48 AM »
and seeing as that you are stuck with only "reasonable" visitation, the make-up applies to that criteria too. When you amend your parenting agreement, put in a provision that you will be able to make-up any visitation missed the next weekend or over the next summer break. Just make sure you spell it out when you can take it and that it is up to DH's discretion.

About a parenting plan, I would check to see if your county has a standard agreement and tailor it to your circumstances. The closer you can stay to the standard, the more likely you are to get it approved by the judge. If the standard is vague about dates, times or location of pick-up, include more information on that.

If your county doesn't have such a standard plan, there are some on this site you can use. You may want to use these to modify your standard if there is one.

Best wishes,


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.