Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:51:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

At what point is badmouthing the OP ... child abuse?

Started by catherine, Sep 19, 2007, 12:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catherine

or does anyone have experience with a judge's opinion regarding one parent either publically defaming the other parent, or the NCP constantly telling the children "to hang in there" because they will be living with NCP soon?  How would a judge feel about a NCP parent repeatedly telling a child that they will be living with them soon?

----------------------------------------------
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

Mark Twain

mistoffolees

>or does anyone have experience with a judge's opinion
>regarding one parent either publically defaming the other
>parent, or the NCP constantly telling the children "to hang in
>there" because they will be living with NCP soon?  How would a
>judge feel about a NCP parent repeatedly telling a child that
>they will be living with them soon?
>

Can you prove it? Remember that many witnesses are not willing to get involved in a dispute like this.

Even if you can prove it, though, my guess is that he/she would get no more than a slap on the wrist. The best you could hope for is a warning - and if it continues repeatedly, maybe they'd do something.

However, the judge could just as easily think that YOU are the source of trouble - particularly if you keep going back.

Someone suggested a book called "Divorce Poison", but I haven't read it. Perhaps that might help.

catherine

going back - do you mean going back to court?

I wouldn't ask if I didn't have reliable proof of some kind :)  and we have never brought this up in court, but have evidence going back for the last 5 years.

I might agree with a slap on the wrist, if this was something that could be nipped in the bud.  It's only gotten worse because the person has never been told that it is wrong to do.  Even then, it's on a path to esculation.

I have read bits and pieces of Divorce Poision, but it is so aimed at PAS and the CP being the perpetrator that it doesn't fit this scenario.  I think I might buy it though .... to read the badmouthing part.

----------------------------------------------
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

Mark Twain

MixedBag

I've got the book, and yes, I read it because as an NCP, and step-NCP, I (ok, we) was experiencing problems.

When I sat down and read it, I saw or recognized mistakes that I was making too, plainly as a parent.  

In the end, I wrote and highlighted all over the book making notes as to who was doing what the book wrote.....so it has EX#2, Camilla, EX#3's EX, and "Me" written all over in it.

I personally believe that I've become a better parent all the way around since reading the book.....

catherine

MixedBag, how do you think a judge would feel about an NCP Mom who is attempting to publish (vanity publisher most likely) a book that is based on true life events (although she is calling it fiction) and defames her ex-husband, uses their kids middle names as the first names (no denying who everyone is basically) and puts herself in the best light possible but accuses her ex-husband of abuse and being a horrible Dad?

MixedBag

I think I'd let her publish the book and then sue her for all the profits.

I too have made comments that I could make millions by publishing a book about my story.....and my EX#2 would say the same things about me etc.... that you are.

Only I'd have proof to back up my story and stuff.....independent on paper proof.

By the way, I was talking about reading Divorce Poison and writing all over in that book.