Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:35:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My kids are being kept from me

Started by jc82, Nov 20, 2008, 07:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jc82

I am looking for advice.  I live in Fl and so does my wife and two young sons.  My wife and I have separated and she has our boys living with her and her parents.  We have not gone through the courts for a legal separation yet because of finances.  My wife is basically telling me that I can only see my sons every other weekend and no more.  And even then she doesn't always let me have them.  The local law enforcement won't get involved unless we are divorced.  I really want to have my sons more than this especially since the holidays are coming.   Does anyone know if there is something I can do to get more time with my kids?  I do not have money for an attorney and I am trying to save to file divorce papers.  Please help!

Gestalt

Basically, until you have some orders (temp or otherwise) then who ever has possession of the children is in the position of power. She doesn't have to give them to you and you don't have to give them to her. I caution against using that to some perceived advantage at this point though, it may not look good to a judge or GAL (and that would hurt you more in the long run)...

The best thing to do is get together the $400 or so it takes to file for divorce in Florida and file, ask for what you want regarding your children and request a temporary order for the duration of the court process.