Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: My kids are being kept from me  (Read 2773 times)


  • New Arrival
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
My kids are being kept from me
« on: Nov 20, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »
I am looking for advice.  I live in Fl and so does my wife and two young sons.  My wife and I have separated and she has our boys living with her and her parents.  We have not gone through the courts for a legal separation yet because of finances.  My wife is basically telling me that I can only see my sons every other weekend and no more.  And even then she doesn't always let me have them.  The local law enforcement won't get involved unless we are divorced.  I really want to have my sons more than this especially since the holidays are coming.   Does anyone know if there is something I can do to get more time with my kids?  I do not have money for an attorney and I am trying to save to file divorce papers.  Please help!


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 73
  • Karma: 2
    • View Profile
Re: My kids are being kept from me
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2008, 11:19:23 AM »
Basically, until you have some orders (temp or otherwise) then who ever has possession of the children is in the position of power. She doesn't have to give them to you and you don't have to give them to her. I caution against using that to some perceived advantage at this point though, it may not look good to a judge or GAL (and that would hurt you more in the long run)...

The best thing to do is get together the $400 or so it takes to file for divorce in Florida and file, ask for what you want regarding your children and request a temporary order for the duration of the court process.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.