Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:50:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

need a little research help

Started by mudbunnies, Nov 24, 2003, 05:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudbunnies

hey there vino

well, after much research and several attorney consults, there are NO laws, statutes, or case law which enables a step-parent to step in, in my circumstances, there are areas for grandparents, and there are areas for SP when the CP dies... so we were very limited...

however, the moment the opposing counsel got this motion he filed to strike it and set if for a  hearing in about 2 weeks, gee, he never agreed to a hearing that quick on other issues....

so.... we've withdrawn my motion, filed for temp relief under the petition for mod, and mediation, and compel discovery, and have set it all for the hearing originally set for my motion to intervene

so we're pleased with the progress and hope that in a few weeks we can come back with good news...

and, we think we've found a competent attorney that we are going to hire after the first of the year to handle the trial on the pet for mod if mediation does not work out...

her opinion " we will aggressively pursue the CP's failure to communicate with the father in court since father has shared parental responsibility"

vino, feel free to tell us your battles and we all contribute around here, we all love to join in and support petitions, fellows comrades and denied parents..

which county is your case in?

vino

We live in Lakeland. Our case is in Sarasota.  Where is yours?  I did see on the chat there is an attempt to make an attempt by the FL bar that there should be a presumption that children of diverce should spend equal time with parents.  Asking for comments be sent to Debby Beck at the FL Bar, 651 E. Jefferson St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-2300 or call 850-561-5650.  Spread the word.