Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 11:11:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Just your average vent...

Started by Mellybug, Dec 12, 2003, 10:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellybug

This is going to be a quick little vent about PBFH.

Her son (my boyfriend's son, as well) has a Christmas Recital next Wednesday. PBFH asked if we would buy his outfit, since he appears to have outgrown everything from his last recital (about 7 months ago). I kind of doubt that he grew THAT much, but, what the heck. It will be nice for him to have something new. My boyfriend agreed to, but she kept saying, "If you don't want to, I'll take him Saturday." My boyfriend still said he would.

I developed a SPLITTING migraine yesterday (the fated day). I'd been under a LOT of stress from my boyfriend, and had a cold I just didn't take care of properly. The migraine went from bad to worse while we were at the store. The lights, the noises, the kids....Pretty soon I just couldn't think. After an hour of picking things out, trying things on, we had everything but the very last item: the tie. I begged my boyfriend to ask his ex to get him his tie on Saturday. We got what we needed and headed out. It cost us over $65.00 for a shirt, new pants, new shoes, and a new belt (from WalMart).

When we got home, he asked her if she'd just pick up the tie, and she EXPLODED!  He explained that she didn't even tell him what KIND of tie to get (black or any color). She says she can't afford it. He told her he'd give her the damn money, but he IS NOT going to put me through any more tonight.

That night (last night) at 2:30 a.m., my eardrum ruptrued from an unknown inner-ear infection. He feels guilty becuase the doc says I'm also suffering from stress and fatigue. My blood pressure is higher than normal (Duh...pain). He keeps saying he never should have made me go out (like anyone would believe that he MADE me go shopping - a woman...).

Why can't this b*tch spend $10 to get him a tie? After we dropped $65.00 for the rest of the outfit? Hell, it's only 2 packs of cigarettes, which she won't put down, even though her son has HORRIBLE asthma.

Ok, I'm done. :)
Time to go back to rest - doc's orders! She even ordered me to take hot baths! Can you believe it? If it weren't for the discomfort I'm in, this would be GREAT!

Thanks,
Mellybug

JAFO

It sure sounds like you're absolutely right.  Dad didn't have to go out and do a thing and went to the extra mile.  Mom could pitch in too.

Hope you get to see the recital on Wednesday and take a video camera!

tulip

I totally hear ya about the cigarettes. I say the same thing every time bm won't fork out $5 for her kid to go on a field trip or something small like that. She sure has the $$ to get about 3 packs a day!

So anyway, she obviously doesn't give a crap about the poor kid. Can't your bf just go pick up a tie for him by himself? That would give you some quiet time at home wouldn't it?

It's not going to help your health to let her stupidity get to you.

Mellybug

So, at the 11th hour, PBFH calls to say she couldn't FIND a tie, and we'd have to get one for him!

Big surprise there...

So, I went to Sears, and there they were...for under $10.

Then, due to a Winter Weather Advisory, the concert has been cancelled.

The only good news is that my eardrum has healed, and I should have hearing back in that ear in a month.

THanks for listening
Mel