Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Hang in There  (Read 1210 times)


  • Guest
Hang in There
« on: May 07, 2004, 05:48:12 AM »
To any Father who is having a hard time keeping their spirits up and their faith strong - take note.

It has taken 2 years of continuous battles - enduring lies and every obstacle possible in preventing me from having more time with my sons - but a change is a coming.

I was sadly left with the obligatory every other weekend and Wednesday night dinner as a result of my ex's actions. I was allowed to assist my older son with homework two nights a week back in October only because he was failing in school and Mom wanted the blame to be shared. With my time and love (I am no rocket scientist by any means), my son's grades improved dramatically - going from all Ds and Fs to all As and Bs with 1-C. His self-esteem has grown and everyone can see it.

Now the Family Mediator, with strong support coming from my son's ADD counselor, is going to give my sons 4 more overnights a month. We're going from 6 to 10. Both of my sons are ecstatic despite my ex's extreme objections. I am now confident that it will be only a short time until our sons have access to both parents - as I personally believe it should be unless there is cause otherwise.

So if any Dad out there is hurting, and I do know what that pain is, hang in there. Keep doing the best for your child(ren) knowing that they are the ones who need it. Prayer doesn't hurt either but that is just my personal opinion and I mean not to push that on anyone.

Keep the faith - Keep doing what you can - Never give up. :D


  • Guest
RE: Hang in There
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 08:42:41 AM »
  Good post, I'm glad I read it. Thanks for the encouragement!


  • Guest
RE: Hang in There
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 04:49:49 PM »
Great post!!!!!!!!



Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.