Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 01:26:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for the Ex w/ biggest NERVE (trophy to be awarded)

Started by 4honor, Jun 16, 2005, 11:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prince13

she is re-married and still wanted to use my income to increase her child support. We still aren't married! She is a spend aholic...always maxing out credit cards and buying new vehicles to keep up with the Jones'. All the kids have the latest electronic toys/games/movies etc.... funny thing is her daughter doesn't even like that stuff and she keeps buying it for them!

dontunderstand

WA doesn't count stepparents finances into account for child support???

prince13

SD can look at it, but I am not sure if they would since DH's income and mine are similar in size. If I made substantially more than him it could be a possibility. This is pretty much the only reason we are not married yet...his youngest will be 18 in 10 years...guess the wedding will be then.

You are all invited!!! LOL!

4honor

they call it having "considerable income". They look at the parents' income and expenses.

IF a parent is not working BECAUSE of the Step parent's considerable income they may impute income to the parent, but it makes no difference how much the step parent makes. I have seen a step making $160K a year not make a difference because the NCP parent made $30K and continued to pay what they had always paid. CP was looking for an increase during a "periodic adjustment" ... though the NCP had not changed income, nor had the CP.

Increase was denied.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

4honor

A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

DecentDad

Boy, I've really had to think about which to provide.  There have been so many contenders, as I'm sure everyone has experienced.

1.  Back in 2001, when biomom moved away with our infant (prior to any temporary court orders), she wrote my attorney a letter saying she'd move back if I gave her $10,000 (plus the child support I was already paying).  I was never married to her, btw.  A few months later, the court ordered our daughter returned to the birth city.

2.  In 2003, preschool-aged daughter was with me for a 48 hour period, and she didn't poop during that time.  No emergency, but good to advise the other parent.  So I sent a simple email to biomom, advising that daughter may be constipated since she didn't poop for 48 hours (and I didn't know if there was before/after poopage outside of my home).  Biomom immediately entered our 3 year old into psychotherapy for what the equally nutty therapist diagnosed as "stress related bowel disorder" (probably to get the insurance payments).  This deserves the AWARD because it never happened prior or after, and daughter was seeing that nutjob therapist for 6 months!  Oy, if we can't cry, we gotta laugh.

:)

Trent

My husband and I live in Seattle and our step children live in Florida.

Summer visitation is always contended due to "fear of flying." BM, when the children were 7 and 9, showed the kids videos of planes crashing (oh, she's a practicing child psychologist).  

Naturally the kids became terrified, and they called saying they were too scared to fly- even though we paid for children to fly with their grandmother, round trip--4 tickets for us since grandmother couldn't stay for entire visitation.  

Mother gets on the phone and says she will compromise with us--due to the children's fears-- She would allow kids to  still come to Seattle for six week summer visitation, but only if we drove to pick them up.  Then she graciously said she was willing to drive 1/2 way and meet us--as long as 1/2 way was in Texas.  

My husband refused--so she told kids their father didn't care about their safety, and that he didn't want to see them this summer.  she told kids that she was doing everything in her power to compromise with their father, but he refused to take "the children's welfare into account."  She wouldn't let him speak to them "untaped" because she thought my husband would say something negative about her to the children.  

Needless to say, we went back to court--won the battle there-- but too late for summer visitation...

stepmomandmom

Let's see...

At CSED's request, I put my SD on my health insurance, because my dh is required to carry it.  As soon as BM found out, she filed a claim with the insurance commissioners office claiming that I committed insurance fraud.  

Apparently she was upset because she said it was illegal for me to provide insurance for her daughter.  Of course the insurance commissioner's office didn't even give it a second thought, but she sure enjoyed calling us up every day to let us know that the police were on their way to take us to jail.

I'm still waiting for them to arrive.

rini

Hi

Too much to choose from but here is just one

PB told the kids who also told my kids that i was a criminal because i impersonated an attorney in Florida.  I wrote the 100 + page summons for custody and custody denial and also signed where Fl courts demand that the person filling out the forms sign if they are not an attorney preparing them.  ( told them if i came to Fl i would be arrested and put in jail for this)  Been to Florida and guess what i was not arrested .. HA Ha ha.

unfortunately this is all i have to write tonight but if i had it to do all over again i would have never gotten involved with a man with an ex unless i had interviewed her first and made sure she passed a written exam.  

you know the certification for non PBFH...........

rini

crayon

Well, my BF did a horrible mediation agreement which basically gives BM the candy and the candy shoppe.  (He agreed to this, although it was BM that threw BF out).

For about 7 months, BF was giving BM his ENTIRE PAYCHECK while living with me.  That includes OT and everything.

It's coming up on a year now, and BM was supposed to be doing a DIY divorce, which i filled out all the paperwork for (it was too tedious for her).  She has them in hand and is sitting on them.

You may ask why is this?  Well, BF is still sending 35 hours of his workweek to BM!!!!!  He doesn't see the folly in this and that he is setting a dangerous precedent.  Meanwhile BM jerks BF around on visitation, has physically assaulted him and verbally abused him in front of the SKs.  She has told the kids that "mommy pays for everything and daddy doesn't pay for anything."

BF is adament that he does not want to involve lawyers (ha ha) and that this can all be worked out reasonably.  

Just recently, I've noticed that the 2 1/2 yr old has been going around for at least a month with shoes that are too tight.  BF refuses to get an account of what she is spending all this money on that is above and beyond the standard 29% child support for 3 kids in the state of NY.

She was also supposed to use the $4K tax refund on "paying off mutual debts."  I've come to find out that the "mutual debt" is all in BM's name; in other words, debt that is exclusively in BM's name is "mutual debt" and debt that is in BF's name is BF only's debt.  WTF!!!! and believe me, BF has quite a bit of debt!

So basically BF feels bad that BM (who has a bachelor's degree and chose to be a Stay at Home Mom) was left "high and dry" (um pardon me but it was BM who kicked out the breadwinner; not the other way around)
BF is worried about his credit, but either way, he is overextended; so I've assigned myself to the fact that bills in my name will be paid in full and bills in his name will be paid just the minimum starting this month!