Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:30:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stepson has serious emotional & behavioral issues

Started by TJRodolph, Jul 31, 2006, 02:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJRodolph

That is probably what I am going to have to do here.....disengage. This had to be one of the most stressful and frustrating issues I have ever had to deal with. And I know it REALLY stresses my husband when I talk about it, because he is the type to keep things inside, and I am the opposite, always wanting to talk and try to come up with a solution, and he just wishes the problem would go away on its own. If it weren't for me, he'd probably be going on FIVE years of not seeing his son or knowing anything about him. I typed up all the legal paperwork, and did all the research.

Now, if my hubby had custody, mom obviously wouldn't get frequent visits as she is in OH and we in MN. I think we have a good case for custody, we actually filed for custody earlier in the year, and the judge left it "open" as she felt we were entitled to the mom answering all the interrogatory questions first (we filed a motion to get her to answer them) and then file an ammended motion to have it viewed then.  Our main argument was mom has continously frustrated and denied visitation and constantly trying to keep dad out of child's life, and that MN has WAY better schools and we can provide a stable home and she cannot, and she works night shifts , etc. . Now if that child actually commits a crime or continues to have serious problems at school, we could probably actually win custody. But we'd most likely need a lawyer and we can't afford it, not without losing the house or something like that. We have not filed an amended motion. And if we got custody, I think things would be even WORSE with the BM's behavior. I bet she wouldn't even turn over the kid, she'd probalby up and move and not give us any info again.