Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 02:18:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Sharing some wonderful news!

Started by speciallady, Dec 20, 2007, 05:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speciallady

And I hope everyones holidays are as blessed as ours...
Stepson is visiting for Christmas! 19 and all grown up, serving our country in the U.S. Army--back from Iraq safe and sound.
Dad is just beside himself with joy! and pride!
His mother didnt help with any of the flights, last we heard, even though she gets that tax free money still from my husband every month...sad.
BUT we're happy none the less~

Kitty C.

I'm so happy to hear that he's made it home safe and sound!  That, in itself, is a wonderful gift!

The order states that DH has SS from 10am on Christmas morning to 7 pm 2 days later on odd years.  On even years, he gets him 2 days before Christmas Eve and has to be back by 7 pm on Christmas Eve.  Which meant that SS has NEVER slept here on Christmas Eve or woke up in his father's house on Christmas morning.

But last weekend, BM told DH that, since her other kid was going to be picked up at 7 pm (by ex #2) on Christmas Eve, he could pick up SS, too.  She also knows that we can't have SS the 2 days after because we can't take the time off.  Just having him wake up here on Christmas morning MORE than makes up for the time lost!  Plus, we'll have him New Year's Eve, too.  We know that BM wants to 'play' and we have no problem if she 'thinks' she's using us as babysitters............you can't 'babysit' your own kids, but she doesn't understand that.

DH and BM split when SS was 2.........he is now 13, so it's been 11 years since DH has actually seen SS first thing on Christmas morning.  I can't wait to 'capture the moment'!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

speciallady

Very happy for you as well, Kitty. DH's kids were 14 before he got to have them for Christmas--oh was that filled with drama!! But it was well worth it.
SS is spending time with DH's parents, his grandparents right now but will be back Sunday. We're gonna have some fun and really enjoy this time together.
I sent his daughter who is also in the army a bunch of letters from my second graders..they were hilarious! Questions asked like, "are you rich?" "can you come visit us?" or comments like, "your stepmom (our teacher) is the bestest ever!!"

Wonderful time of year for sure~

MixedBag

Just got back from Atlanta to send our son off to spend Christmas with his dad this year.....dad's turn, no problem.

Then we'll celebrate Christmas on New Year's Eve, here with the three kid, OD's husband, MD's boyfriend, and two grandbabies who are both one!!!  Abby just turned one this week, and Maddie will be two in February.

Oh, let's NOT forget the dogs!!!