Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Author Topic: Starting a "second" family  (Read 5470 times)


  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 936
  • Karma: 17
    • View Profile
Starting a "second" family
« on: Apr 27, 2008, 05:55:48 AM »
Hello everyone!

My husband and I have decided to try to have our first baby. Among all the other things that scare the living day lights out of me is how to tell SD when I am pregnant.

At this point, SD is 17 and PASed to the point where the only time she contacts DH is when she wants money. Seriously, months went by without her returning a call and then she emails him to tell him she wants him to buy her a car and the insurance. (Shaking my head).

Anyway, by the time I am pregnant, she will be 18 and graduated.

Any advice on how to tell her? Any stories on how you told your adult stepkids?

Thanks and wish us luck!



  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3049
  • Karma: 155
  • That's Me...MixedBag
    • View Profile
    • http://www.doilyboutique.com
RE: Starting a
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29, 2008, 10:10:58 AM »
good luck!

I was never in that position....and I say when you two are comfortable, just tell her over the phone or in person.


  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 189
  • Karma: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Starting a
« Reply #2 on: Apr 29, 2008, 01:29:06 PM »
REF! Good to see you back and posting!!!

With all that you've been through with your SD, I don't know if I'd even tell her. She's made the decision to be distant and ya'll have done all you can do. Plus with her this close to being 18, you might give the ex fuel for the fire if she's even thinking about carrying CS into the college years. Last thing you need when trying to get preggo is the stress of the ex pulling anymore stunts.

I'd see this as a need to know basis, and the SD and the ex REALLY don't need to know this right now.


Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.