Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:46:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starting a "second" family

Started by Ref, Apr 27, 2008, 05:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ref

Hello everyone!

My husband and I have decided to try to have our first baby. Among all the other things that scare the living day lights out of me is how to tell SD when I am pregnant.

At this point, SD is 17 and PASed to the point where the only time she contacts DH is when she wants money. Seriously, months went by without her returning a call and then she emails him to tell him she wants him to buy her a car and the insurance. (Shaking my head).

Anyway, by the time I am pregnant, she will be 18 and graduated.

Any advice on how to tell her? Any stories on how you told your adult stepkids?

Thanks and wish us luck!

Ref

MixedBag

good luck!

I was never in that position....and I say when you two are comfortable, just tell her over the phone or in person.

FLMom

REF! Good to see you back and posting!!!

With all that you've been through with your SD, I don't know if I'd even tell her. She's made the decision to be distant and ya'll have done all you can do. Plus with her this close to being 18, you might give the ex fuel for the fire if she's even thinking about carrying CS into the college years. Last thing you need when trying to get preggo is the stress of the ex pulling anymore stunts.

I'd see this as a need to know basis, and the SD and the ex REALLY don't need to know this right now.