Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 17, 2024, 11:39:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Woman charged for falsely accusing Lions receiver of rape

Started by StPaulieGirl, Nov 25, 2003, 02:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPaulieGirl

Nasty alert )(

http://www.freep.com/news/latestnews/pm17299_20031125.htm

Woman charged for falsely accusing Lions receiver of rape

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

BY BEN SCHMITT
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

A 22-year-old Detroit woman was charged Tuesday with falsely accusing Detroit Lions wide receiver Scotty Anderson of raping her.

Wayne County Prosecutor Michael Duggan announced the four-year felony charge at a press conference Tuesday morning. Duggan said the charges stem from a Sept. 17 incident at Anderson's Dearborn apartment that spilled over into the early morning hours of Sept. 18.

The accusing woman, Nicole Milburn, who is a dancer at a Detroit gentleman's club, went to Anderson's apartment with two friends on Sept. 17 for a night of drinking, Duggan said.

At some point, Anderson had consensual sex with Milburn's friend, but never with Milburn, Duggan said.

At 11 p.m. that night, Anderson confronted the women about $700 in cash missing from his bedroom. At that point, one of the other women told Anderson that Milburn picked up his discarded condoms from his bedroom and allegedly put the contents inside of her, Duggan said.

The reason, according to Duggan: ``Apparently, either to hopefully cause herself to be pregnant and have a child support claim, or potentially, as it turned out, possibly to support a rape claim.''

Anderson and his 18-year-old cousin found three used condoms in Milburn's back pocket, Duggan said. They also found some of the stolen money stuffed into her hair, he said.

``They demanded the money back, at which point Ms. Milburn ran out into the hallway of the building, screaming rape,'' Duggan said.

Neighbors called 911 and Dearborn police responded. Police also found some of the stolen money hidden in Milburn's car, Duggan said.

``This is disturbing from so many perspectives,'' Duggan said. ``We are seeing more and more people's reputations being tarnished with false felony reports. This also hurts every woman who is raped and goes through that trauma because it causes other women to pause and wonder whether they're going to be believed when they see somebody who is caught being a liar.''

Duggan said the two other women who accompanied Milburn confirmed that she told them about her alleged ruse with the condoms.

Milburn is expected to turn herself in and be arraigned this week, Duggan said.

Anderson, a 3-year veteran of the Lions, is currently on injured reserve with an ankle injury.

Contact BEN SCHMITT at 313-222-6597 or [email protected].

Disturbing?  Yep.  Many women don't report real rapes because of these ho's.  Even more disturbing....what if that skank managed to get pregnant?  

Kitty C.

This should be shouted from the tree tops!!!!!!  This should be carried on every news wire and paper!  Spread the word:  Making false accusations WILL get you 5 to 10!

Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

StPaulieGirl

She should be made to serve the whole sentence without time off for good behavior.  

These guys need to buy a clue.  You are sitting ducks for these nasty women.  Keep it zipped, dude!

Seriously, that woman is just plain nasty :p

mudbunnies

well since the person that used the condom was not the actual person accused, he is ok, however the boy who used the condom, has an excellent defense, he didn't have sex with her, and the events surrounding his sperm are in sworn testimony, i think the judge might let him off and tell her to pay all expenses herself...

boy talk about a new area of law

woman pregnant

man is proven father by dna test

couple never had sex

woman stole sperm

what is a judge to do???

would LOVE to attend that trial....

i can't think of a single statute that covers "stolen sperm"

tryn2begooddad

What about the wrongly accused in this story.....I have been following this story since it started and his name and face have been all over as he was "accused of rape" now he has to try and rebuild the trust with the people that I am sure have turned their backs on him since he was tried in the court of public opinion before all the facts were known..I agree that rape is a very serious crime and unfortunately it happens (I am the father of 2 daughters so I worry about this myself) but I also think that in case of false accusations the accuser should be subject to the penalties that the accused would have been subject to. Maybe that would cut down on the false allegations and make those women who this crime happens to less likely to not come forward

kiddosmom

mmmmk .....

First off, is theft of sperm a felony? lol
wonder what sentence she should get?

If she was able to become pregnant, I think he has a good case for custody :)

StPaulieGirl

Good question!  How much is sperm worth?  How much would a man get for donating his sperm to a reputable sperm  bank?  How much would it cost this man to pay support for his biological issue for 18 years.  Then we get into damages for pain and suffering.  

How about Felony Grand Theft?  That's for starters.  

That woman is evil and nasty.